HELP!! - Emergency!! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2002, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

HELP!! - Emergency!!

Ok, here's the deal, I've been asked to join a band to do something for an assembly at my school (Catholic Central High School). *The people organizing the band want to do Slipknot's "New Abortion". *Yes, it's odd, anyways, I have 2 choices as I see it:

1) *Get a job AND FAST, pay off my Flextone II, and buy the RG-7620 at my local guitar shop (which I was planning to do anyways, I just have to do it faster now :biggrin

2) *Do some HEAVY mods on my Strat. *I'm talking new pickguard, new knobs, etc, and tuning it down to B.

I'll see if I can talk them into something equally weird, but slightly better. *:laugh: *The reason they want to do this is to be dubbed the "weird kids" at school. *Which we are, but this just seals it. *lol

(Edited by Two hands31 at 5:41 pm on Jan. 26, 2002)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2002, 05:52 PM

HELP!!

Two Hands,
do yourself a favour... GET A JOB AND BUY THE BABE!

nuno
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2002, 06:38 PM

HELP!!

I'd definitely go with option 1...or sell your strat :biggrin:

playing Slipknot on a strat would add to the weirdness though
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2002, 06:41 PM

HELP!!

If I were you, I'd go with option 1.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2002, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

HELP!!

Yeah, I'm leaning towards option #1. *lol *I just need the money!!! *It's selling for $1021 (Canadian) at my local guitar shop. *I discovered one thing tonight though. *I can tune my guitar (with Dean Markley Custom Lights) down to B and have it playable (as long as I play really lightly lol). *In between my last post and this post I taught myself how to play "Left Behind" by Slipknot. *The other one's gonna be tougher though, considering a lot of it just sounds like noise. *:biggrin: *Anyone know of any other songs (Slipknot or similar) that would be good? *Cuz I don't think that we'll be able to pull off "New Abortion" (the bassist is just picking up the bass this year) and keeping in mind it's a Catholic school. lol

(Edited by Two hands31 at 6:58 pm on Jan. 26, 2002)
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2002, 07:26 PM

HELP!!

how about Fear Factory? heavy, fast, scary, weird, you name it.

depends on what the singer can handle...screaming, growling, swearing
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2002, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

HELP!!

No swearing aloud (cuz of the school, not the singer, he'd be fine with it). *And if you've ever heard "New Abortion", I'm sure the singer plans to do as much screaming/growling/whatever as possible. *This should be interesting. *

Too bad none of us are good enough for some Meshuggah or something. *:biggrin: *Maybe I can talk them into doing a heavied up version of a Tea Party song or something. *I'm thinking "Pulse", "Fire in the Head" or "Mantra". *Mantra's like the ultimate live song! *At the lines "Love is all we have, Love is all we need" you can get the crowd chanting, and there's a big long section that would be great for jamming.

(Edited by Two hands31 at 10:00 am on Jan. 27, 2002)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-27-2002, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

HELP!!

EDIT - SEE NEW TOPIC IN 7-STRING AREA

(Edited by Two hands31 at 3:57 pm on Jan. 27, 2002)

Tags
dean markley , guitar shop , local guitar shop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode