Help figuring out My Ibanez Prestige please! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Help figuring out My Ibanez Prestige please!

Hi,

I am new to the site... well, I haven't ever really posted since I registered.

First off let me say that I LOVE Ibanez guitars... while I have many other brands, when I look for a great guitar with a metal edge and locking trem.. it is always Ibanez. I used to have an RG550 and now I have a Prestige.

I can't identify it though... I know it is an S type guitar but I was wondering if anyone new any more info... I see for the RG guitars you have names like RG23345 etc. I think it is either a 2000 or 2001 model with mahogany body and bubinga top. I have attached a picture... Any help would be appreciated!

THanks

http://www.fenderforum.com/userphoto...ml?recid=24166

oink

Last edited by warthog; 11-17-2005 at 04:03 PM. Reason: more info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 04:24 PM

Re: Help figuring out My Ibanez Prestige please!

Hi warthog! I think it is S1520FB or S1625FB, I am not sure which one.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

Cool thanks! I think I have the S1520FB because looking at the S1625FB, the top is not the same and it seems as if it has the ZR Drop D trem...

I fell in love with the guitar when I played it... what is the benefit of a Prestige model?

oink
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 06:43 PM

The prestige models actually get more attention to detail so things like rounded frets and deglossed necks are now standard. If I recall, when Ibanez rolled out the Prestige stuff they said something about a 6 step process or something like that. Forgot what it is, but it's all good
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2005, 01:20 PM

It is S1520, the older model with Lo pro Edge. New 162x have Zero bridge.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for your responses!!

oink

Tags
ibanez guitars , mahogany body , pro edge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode