Help ID a guitar - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

Help ID a guitar

My buddy in Japan saw an Ibanez and we can't id it:

color: black

pickups: Has a PAF Pro in the neck, SS in the bridge, but these probably arent stock I'm guessing.

Neck is unbound, rosewood fretboard, offset abalone inlays, labeled Prestige.

Lo Pro Edge Trem. All hardware black.

Labeled for sale as a RG 1302 or 1202. Can't find any info on the 1202, 1302 is a swamp ash bodied j-custom, is it not?

I looked through all the Prestiges and can't find one that has offset abalone inlays. Sure seems like some sort of 550 otherwise?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 07:20 PM

Re: Help ID a guitar

Did it have a pickguard?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 07:23 PM

Its not like any prestigue ive seen, is he sure it wasnt a J-custom?
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

No pickguard. Sorry, when I said it looks like a 550 i meant a 570

It could be a j-custom. Or maybe the neck and body don't actually go together? But still, I haven't been able to find a prestige with offset dot inlays in black.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 08:09 PM

the rg1302 was available in two (maybe three) transparent finishes. came with black hardware, lo-pro, offset abalone dots, etc.

how much is it going for?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-03-2006, 02:10 AM

The RG1302 was availabe in 3 finishes and always came with two Humbucker from Hell pickups. What you saw is an Ibanez RG1202 which is a prestige model from Japan, the pickup combo would also be stock on that guitar. I was looking into buying one a year ago, but decided against it(not that it's a bad guitar, I'm just too snobby to buy a prestige)

(The RG1302 is always branded as a J-Custom and the finish is a trans finish)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-03-2006, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

Price was/is circa $500 I think. I personally don't care for black but was just wondering what it was.

I guess it probably is the 1202 then. I can't find it on Google. Maybe thats because everything written about it would be in Japanese though

Hmm didn't realize Ibanez put decent pickups on Prestiges, my 2027xvv came with those terrible stock pickups... I thought only the j-customs had decent pu's.

Thanks!

Tags
abalone dots , abalone inlays , dot inlay , dot inlays , edge trem , offset dot inlays , paf pro , pickup combo , pro edge , pro edge trem , rosewood fretboard , swamp ash

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode