Help to identify Ibanez guitar! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
laz

Help to identify Ibanez guitar!

Hi!

I was stupid enough to sell my Ibanez guitar about 8-10 years ago. It was then a couple of years old, I think.

I have regretted often and much, so now i finally decided to try and get a similar guitar. The problem is I do not know what model it is.
Think it is a RG model of some kind. It was bought in Denmark. It had 3 toggle switches, one for each pickup. A volume and a tone knob. There were 2 singlecoils and 1 humbucker. You can see a picture of it here:

http://home1.stofanet.dk/dilas/Ibanez.jpg

The shop were i bought it has closed years ago. Hope someone can help identifying this model.

Best regards
Lasse
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 09:51 AM

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
laz

Yi-haaw!

Hi!

Bulls eye, I think!. Thank you so much!.

Is it a special guitar (=expensive) today, after all these years??. I gave around 1800-1900$ for it, when i bought it.

Thanks a lot!. Now I know what to look for.

It had the most (for me) perfect neck, I have ever played!. (I remember I thougt: Well, that's why they can play so well! (JS and SV)). Good sound too, and it never went out of tune, even if played very rough. The switches for each pickup, were a nice thing too, I think.

You can hear it here, if you would like (piece from a jam):
http://home1.stofanet.dk/dilas/Music...GUITARSOLO.mp3

BR
Lasse
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 10:17 AM

It's a 1987 model.

Yeah - nice guitar. They went for about $700 here in the US (street price) without case. I dunno how that translates for you.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 10:43 AM

I've seen several similar, but not exactly same, models going for $250-$400 on the well-known auction site.

I wouldn't say they are special, but they are probably a little less common than those with the 5-way pickup selector since the toggle switch model was only made for about 2-3 years.

Coincidentally, I also sold my first guitar several months after I bought it and after all these years, I wish I still had it. I've been hunting one down for almost 2 years now w/o much success. oh well...
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
laz

Avaiability?

Are they hard to get, nowadays??. Are there many of them?. What would the price be today for a used one in flawless condition?.

Are there other models with similar neck shape and size?

BR
Lasse
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 12:12 PM

You'll have to look for an S-series with the Wizard neck if you want something similar, which means you'll need to hunt down 540S or S540 (depending on what year it's made) or you could also go with a brand new Prestige. If I'm not mistaken, the S4XX all have Wizard II necks, which is not what you're looking for.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
laz

Thank you!

Thank you, very very much, for your help and answers, fellow Ibanezers!.

Best Regards
Lasse
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 01:12 PM

let us know when you pick up your new ax!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
laz

Feed-back

I will let you know!.

BR
Lasse

Tags
neck shape , toggle switch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode