Help to identify if this Ibanez is real or fake - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Help to identify if this Ibanez is real or fake

Hi, Im from Argentina and some dude want to change my Carvin jb200C for his Ibanez john scofield, the problems are the followings:
It doesnt has the same tuners
It doesnt has the sticker inside the body
It doesnt has the john scofield trus rod cover

i searched theserial number and it seems that is all ok. Made in Japan 2005

Im asking for your help mainly because the guitr is in the other side of my country and i dont have the money to go there and see the guitar and come back to my city.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 01:08 PM
Vendor

Re: Help to identify if this Ibanez is real or fake

Nothing about it doesn't say JSM but the missing sticker inside the body would worry me.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 03:06 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Re: Help to identify if this Ibanez is real or fake

Is the trader the original owner? Did you ask for receipt of purchase? Looks like a clean JSM with the standard prestige artstar/artist machine heads installed and JSM ones removed. Perhaps the original owner removed them along with the JSM cover and body sticker, i won't speculate why but some value is lost without the body sticker & paperwork. Ask the owner and see what they say.

The JSM has more value than the Carvin if both were fully mint with all original paperwork.

I personally would ask for a some more high quality photos to rule out any damage and do the trade barring any structural issues.

Tags
ibanez , john scofield

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode