help me identify this LACS!!! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

help me identify this LACS!!!

hello everyone. so ive had sort of a fascination with this guitar ever since seeing it. i posted a thread on it not too long ago here, and the general consensus was that it was an LACS custom guitar.

i know mike lerner(the guitarist) is endorsed by Ibanez, but these pictures were taken from 2008. i'm not sure if he was endorsed then, but thats pretty long ago to already have a sick custom model.

it may very well be an LACS, but i thought he might have just taken a production guitar(or i guess could have had the custom shop paint a production guitar) and done the work on his own. heres some pics of it, the green and yellow one a few pictures down:

http://englishwaffle.com/post/358279...ctopus-between

i was hoping someone could help enlighten me to if ibanez has any 1 volume knobs cream binding reverse headstock guitars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 12:03 PM

Re: help me identify this LACS!!!

Really hard to tell without knowing the serial #. If he was high enough on the endorsee food chain to warrant a custom made how he wanted, then it would be LACS. Usually you have to be, I think, at least B level to get custom finishes and all that. Don't hold me to that, tho.

My RS-1 Ralph Santolla is a LACS. Love it madly.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 03:17 PM

What I can tell from the pictures is that the neck is certainly a custom made one.
I don't believe Ibanez produced a square heel, no inlay, ebony board, binding, reverse headstock with no string tree on a Lo Pro Edge nut. Everything about this neck is non-standard.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 05:53 PM

Reviews: 11

its definately nice. and that RS-1 is nice as well. reminds me of my all time favorite LACS

but enough hijacking. i have no idea what it is. but thats probably because its a LACS
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 12:52 AM

I dont think its a LACS I remember seeing the guitar as a custom made guitar but not by LACS. Maybe ET? I dont fully remember.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2011, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibz_SA View Post
I dont think its a LACS I remember seeing the guitar as a custom made guitar but not by LACS. Maybe ET? I dont fully remember.
mmmm ET?

Tags
lacs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode