Help me identify an RG I have - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Help me identify an RG I have

Hey, I need you guys help identifiying one of my guitars. I really don't feel like taking pictures tonight, but I will if I have to. Also, if you can identify it off the facts I give you tell me how much you think it would be worth in mint condition.

Heres what I have........

Its AANJ, amazing Flame maple top, trans black top and back, H-S-S, Has powder cosmo hardware (Tuners, trem, etc) Lo-Pro edge, binding up neck and around headstock, matching flame maple headstock (transblack) says Ibanez in chrome and has a silver check, then says RG series in silver under the check, also has abalone dots going along the top edge of the fretboard. Probably the best playing and sounding guitar I have, but I have never taken the neck off so I don't know what model it is, and I can't remember how much I paid for it b/c I've had so many guitars. Its all factory except I have white seymour duncan pickups in it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Patrick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 11:17 PM

Re: Help me identify an RG I have

Is it this Patrick?

http://www.jemsite.com/jcustom/prest...0fm/index.html
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 11:23 PM

Reviews: 1

wow i like that... from 2002 isnt it?
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

Yes this is Patrick. Thats the guitar, just clicked on the link. One thing thats really cool is the pickguard isn't black, its see thru black, like tinted black basically. And it doesn't have dome knobs, the one on the link you send looks like it has cosmo dome knobs, this one has white JEM style knobs to match the white seymour pickups....whoever put the pickups in probably changed the knobs to match. I've thought about putting a clear pickguard on it instead of the tinted one so you could see the flame top better, or should I leave it all original.....would it devalue it to change the original pickguard off it? What do you think? But yep thats definitely it. How much they worth?
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 11:29 PM

Funny I modded that exact guitar the same way and sold it about 7 months ago to a guy in Hawaii? You didnt buy it from there did you? I sold it for 600ish plus shipping.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 11:30 PM

Reviews: 1

if you want to change the pickguard you should find out if it has the electronics mounted to the pickguard or backwards... if it has it backwards you should change it with no worries.
but a transparent pickguard with all the cables to see is kind of cool !!! dont you think?
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

Haha, yep. Man, whats the chances of that?!?!?! Jaime de Leon....he's a reaalllly good customer of mine and thats who I got it off of....looks like I got your old guitar, lol. Man, that thing is like the best playing and sounding guitar I've ever had!

See, the reason I wanted to know how much it was worth is b/c we did some trrading a while back, he put it towards some paint work and I gave some cash towards it too.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 11:33 PM

Lol holy crap you have my guitar - that is hilarious.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

Haha I know. He really didn't want to sell it at all, but I nagged him about it for about 2 months and he finally gave in. The only thing wrong with it is it has a chipped area on the binding going around the headstock. I want to send it to somebody who is REALLY good at doing binding work and have it fixed. Besides that its SO awesome. I love this guitar
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 11:37 PM

Yup was like that when I got it. The turd that sold it to me didnt pack the headstock properly and when it arrived it looked like that box took a hit. Sure enough it was the binding that took the hit and cracked. That guitar is smokin I would mind to have it back some day if you ever need to thin the herd.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 11:41 PM Thread Starter

I know, it plays sooo good, and the action is so awesome....awesome sustain and hits unbelievable harmonics....I don't plan on selling it, just wanted to know what they were worth. If I ever do tho I will let you know
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 11:42 PM

Right on bud, I am happy its in the hands of a friend.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

Thats AMAZING! Whats the chances? I mean, whats the chances I get a guitar from a customer, come on JEMSITE and ask about it, and its a JEMSITE members old guitar who ALSO happens to be one of my customer....I mean seriously, theirs like 290 million people in the US, whats the chances of that?!?
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 12:05 AM

Lol, indeed its mind boggling that you ended up with that guitar. I was just laughing thinkin about that while watching tv.

By the way, thats a white Tone Zone in the bridge, a SD Jeff Beck JR in the middle, and a SD Lil Screamin Demon in the neck. Very tonally flexible guitar. I never got around to it, but I was planning on adding push/push taps for the neck and middle by replacing the pots.

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 12:06 AM Thread Starter

Here it is.....

Tags
abalone dots , cosmo hardware , dome knobs , duncan pickups , flame maple , ibanez jem , jeff beck , pro edge , seymour duncan , seymour duncan pickups , sounding guitar , style knobs , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode