HELP ME PLEASE - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 12:37 AM Thread Starter

HELP ME PLEASE

Ok... i ahave a real problem... k i was talking to everyone about guitar brands and stuff anf for some stupid reason i actually buaght the ibanez jem555wh after everyone saying it sux... And it doesnt really suck but it's deffinetly not worth what i payed , but i can take it back and get a different guitar... so i need someone who knows alot... ALOT about guitars to talk to for a while if ya got some spare time cuase im really starting to get a headache over this... replay asap... If ya wanna chat on msn I'll be online,,, u can add me at [email protected]... thanx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 03:56 AM

how much did you pay??

and what exactly do you want to know?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 03:59 AM

the 555 is an alright guitar especially if you put in a lo pro edge trem
tutorial on how to do it right here
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 04:05 AM Thread Starter

im in canada and i payed 1220$ for it and i just dont think it was worth it... and alot of ppl are telling me the sound depends soo much on the amp so i thuaght i would return my crate gx212 and my jem555 and get a marshall tsl100head and a marshall 1960cabinet with an ibanez rg1550bk...

i just wanna know if my new stup is a better investment... thanx
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 05:37 AM

Other people's personal opinions shouldn't really sway how the guitar feels to you... what exactly about it don't you like?

If you're going to ask for personal opinions, the general population here will probably tell you that a 555 isn't the best choice. I'll agree with that, having owned one. It isn't a bad guitar... but after purchasing a few more guitars, I didn't really care to play it anymore and sold it. If you don't like it, then take it back and get something you'll like more. I don't know what the currency exchange rates are between the US and Canada, but here you don't want to spend more than $400 or so on one (in my opinion). If you're interested in buying a Jem, I highly suggest a DBK or a VWH... I haven't played a 1550, so I can't give you any suggestions on that. Regardless, try playing the 1550 first, and if possible, through the amps you're looking at, and make your decision based on what you hear and feel... it's the best way to go : )
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 05:45 AM

if it was me i'd stick with the 555 but drop in a lo pro,
sell the crate, and put together a rack head, with some 4x12 cab

bear in mind i'm talking about used gear and in US$

a nice tube preamp can be had for a huge range of prices
but i got a Mesa Quad for $320 and have seen an Engl e530 for $350
so let's say preamp=$350

i picked up a peavey 50/50 (poweramp)for $250, a bargain i think but obviously possible

as for a cab, i'm not really sure how much these are going for...
i'll take a guess at $300?

plus an actual rack case for $50

so there's a setup that beats the TSL100+cab for $950US

and you can always chop and change or add rack components

by the way, i don't know what things are like over there but here there's no way i could trade a 555+gx212 for a tsl100
so you're probably gonna have to add cash+$ for the cab+$ for the RG1550, it's probably gonna work out more expensive than the extra $950 for the rack setup

hope it helps
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 05:56 AM

as for the guitar i haven't tried the RG1550 but i really didn't like the RG1570, didn't feel like a prestige at all

the Jem555 is a great guitar if you put in a lopro and aren't comparing it to it's brethren
i'd love to pick up a cheap one and customize it one day

just try out as many guitars as possible, you'll soon know what you want

Tags
edge trem , ibanez jem , marshall tsl , pro edge , pro edge trem , rack setup , tube preamp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode