Help with realistic valuation please: RG2570 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

Help with realistic valuation please: RG2570

Hey

Apologies in advance for coming in after an absence with a 'help me' thread...!

Would those in the know please give me a realistic valuation on a J-Craft Ibanez Prestige RG2570? It's in generally good condition with some light edge rubbing through the thin 'textured' matt silver finish, and totally unmolested and unaltered. It's also in it's original J-Craft hard shell case...

I bought the guitar on a whim and, despite it being a precision engineered beast, I'm just not gelling with it. I have accepted that I'm getting old and boring, before anyone asks...!

I'm in the UK so domestic £GBP valuations would be of the most help.

Thanks in advance,
Alex

P.s. I don't seem to be able to upload a photo from my phone...?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 08:32 AM

Re: Help with realistic valuation please: RG2570

It depends on the year and condition (of hardware and such not just body, if it's "unmolested" I'd guess pretty good condition?)

An older one with edge pro realistically would be a lesser value than a newer one with edge zero. But that's just personal preference.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 08:51 AM Thread Starter

image.jpg

Can only attach a small photo..?!
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for that. I think it's a 2006, so Edge Pro I guess? Yep, other than the common Cosmo finish wear/shine, it's in really nice condition. One small chip on the lower horn and some edge rub on the back edges; no real play wear at all...
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 11:05 AM

Not sure about the value in euros but I think $600 or around there would be realistic for that guitar and its given condition

Personally, I wouldn't pay that much because I'm sure you can talk whoever it is selling it down, and you can find sometimes ones for $450-500 in the same condition, but $600 is a pretty solid valuation for it. It just comes down to what you're willing to pay.

Good luck!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Thanks again. Guitars are generally more expensive in the UK than the States, so I'm guessing around £400ish (we aren't in the euro...!) from what you've said.
That's helpful - appreciate it
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2015, 08:51 AM

Hello,

Have the same model (RG2570 E VSL - Vital Silver) & year, it also happens to be my preferred plank of choice at the moment - shame you don't get on with it but I know the feeling & each guitar is different to varying degrees from my experience (same model or not).

The paint ware is fairly common I am afraid on this finish.

Have seen a lot of these & the later models going (with the edge zero) for around £400 price mark.

To be completely honest while you should be able to get what you are asking note if you sending it for auction from (based on your description) I have seen them go for less than £300 on occasion. That said I have seen fetch nearer the £500 but this seems happen far less.

If it is an auction sale you'll need to take into account what you get whacked for is selling fees unless you can attract a local pick up where you come to some sort of arrangement.

All the best

RG BARGIE
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 05:46 AM Thread Starter

Thanks mate - it's weird; bonding with guitars is a bit counter-intuitive... I seem to like quirky, imperfect instruments... This Prestige is beautifully made, with a precision to behold; perhaps I like my guitars to match my playing ability...!

Cheers for the input
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 03:58 PM

Reviews: 6

I don't live in the UK, but due to the rarity of quality guitars in this backwater, I find myself watching UK small ads sites. I picked up a slightly newer version of this model last year for €450, but the guy selling it was departing the country in a hurry and just wanted the cash. If you play the long game £400 to £550 is possible, there are always people out there who will sell them for the price of a Squier and there are others who think they're selling a Bentley. I once bought an LP Custom from a guy outside a guitar shop in London for £450, simply because the shop would only offer him £400 and the guy who was a real geezer had his teeth knocked out in a fight with his girlfriend's husband and needed £450 to have them fixed. I sold it a couple of years back for €2000. I simply held out against all the silly offers until there were none on the market and someone was willing to make a sensible offer. Always list it for more than you want so if you're in the 500 region add 50 or a ton, if you're at the 1k to 2k range add a couple of ton to allow for haggling.

Tags
ibanez , j-craft , japan , prestige , rg2570

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode