Help with an RG - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Help with an RG

Hi guys. Hopefully this is the right place to post this, if not my bad

But basically i'm looking for a new guitar and i really like the looks of some of the RG's i've seen. So i was wondering if anyone could help me with what would be the best RG for me to buy?

Basically i'm hoping to spend around £300 upto £400 at the most (At college and having barely any monayz) and i really want an RG that stands out (I've seen Shocking pink RG's and they're amazing O_O) so yeah really bright colours. But since i barely know much about RG's can someone point me in the right direction? Hope that made sense,

Thanks y0

Last edited by TooMuchFluxation; 03-05-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 02:16 PM

Re: Help with an RG

My advice would be to spend some time,the more the better, reading about RG's on this site,ibanezrules.con and other net searches and use the info to make an educated purchase of a good used RG. There are many,many models and they are manufactured in different countries/factories that have varying degrees of quality. I don't even look at an RG if it doesn't have an F serial #, but that's just me so take it with a grain of salt.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Appreciated. I know myself i need to look into them more. Which i will do, was just thinking maybe some model suggestions might give me a headstart.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 02:36 PM

The RG "Prestige" will probably be the "better" guitar, having better hardware, etc. Something like a 1550 or 1570 might not be a bad option, but probably more than you're willing to spend.

You may wanna check the 'bay for something used, say an older 550 or 570 for that price range.

Are you looking for a trem? Fixed bridge? Hum-Hum, or H-S-H config? Give us a few more details and we might be able to point you in the right direction.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

Oh yeah i'm real sorry. I was in a rush posting i haven't gave you guys any kind of prefrences towards what RG i'd like apart from pretty colours =D

But yeah i was looking for a tremolo bridge. Pref Floyd rose. As for the pickups, i never really tried a H-S-H config just a Hum-Hum really. Tbh what i want is a config that's really versatile.

Something that can give me some heavy distortion for playing my real heavy metal and then something that can give me a really clean pretty tone for lead and soloing etc. Sorry i can't be really precise, i've never been to good with explaining stuff. But does any of the info i've given shed some more light on which RG would suit me?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 03:13 PM

I have 2 kickass RG's for sale right now, a RG550 and an RG548, both are in your price range.
mail me at [email protected] for pics and prices.

the 550 is old tilt heel, black with white evos and the RG548 is natural ash with evo bridge and V7 S1.
both are original edge trem
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

I'll probs need a heads-up on the pick-ups which best suit me too. =)

Last edited by TooMuchFluxation; 03-05-2009 at 06:41 PM.

Tags
ibanez rg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode