Help WIth Rosewood EB Music Man Jp6 BFR - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

Help WIth Rosewood EB Music Man Jp6 BFR

Hey guys! I've asked the dealer of music man here in my country for a jp6. They couldn't get one but they had a jp6 BFR custom rosewood neck which I am now more interested in. My question is were all of those models basswood or there were alder ones? (I haven't seen it yet since I'm out of town) and are these guitars worth the price? ($3200, limited run)(Since you could probably get a BFR JP6 with alder body for that price) Tnx guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 05:28 PM

Re: Help WIth Rosewood EB Music Man Jp6 BFR

I actually think a lot of the BFR's are Mahogany. I've played a few of the $2,000+ Music man's (including BFR's) and I can say they are the nicest guitars i've ever played, But are they worth $2,000+? Eh i don't know... Honestly at $3,200 your paying more for the brand and collectability (yes i made up that word) than the quality of the guitar. And i don't really think the Rosewood neck adds anything tonally, it's more for aesthetics. That's just my opinion. But if you really want a jp6 or BFR, most of the big online retailers like guitar center, musician's friend, etc, do ship internationally and have multiple jp6's/BFR's in stock.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 01:00 AM

a brand new BFR from distributor gonna cost me around 3K something too, it depends on the import duty and tax from your country.
In this country where the import duty for stringed instrument is 20%, it makes sense .
But again, it depends on how bad do you want that guitar?
I would definitely not gonna pay 3K for any BFR or musicman, because it simply not my cup of tea.
but I would consider or may be happily pay 3K for the Ibanez I wanted so bad... thanks God so far no Ibanez drives me that mad....
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 08:11 AM

I believe they are alder with a mahogany center block for the body.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

Tnx for the answer guys! yeah I dont think its really not worth it at 3k in the end but I forgot all about my discount at the store since we do service for them ahahah. I can get it around 2200 I thnk when they go on sale (sale+discount). And BTW I'm referring to the limited run rosewood neck which I am not sure of the body construction wether it is basswood or Alder with mahogany top. And if its still overpriced then I'm not gonna get it Tnx for the answers guys
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 12:30 PM

Reviews: 1

high end BFRs were never released with a rosewood neck. The standard JP was available for a very limited time with this option and the neck was inlayed with the "BFR". I believe this was only ever offered once and they are quite rare. It's still a standard JP (basswood body) with the only difference being the neck material.

For 2200 USD, a standard JP with a rosewood neck is actually a pretty good deal compared to others I've seen for sale. Rosewood necks are highly sought after for their legendary feel. There will be a slight tone difference as well.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 05:46 PM

yea if you could get it for 2,200 that wouldn't be too bad. Especially since regular Jp6's are around that price as well.

Tags
bfr , ernie ball , jp 6 , music man , rosewood neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode