Help VERY VERY CONFUSED - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy Help VERY VERY CONFUSED

Im really in need of some guidance on what j custon to buy, because theres so damm many. Ive got a fair amount of cash wihch ones are the best I can get for roughlt 1200. Im sorry to go on however there just seems to be an endless choice.

HELP...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 11:09 AM

Exclamation Re: Help VERY VERY CONFUSED

According to the Japanese website, there are only two left for 2006 (no JC7 anymore ) that's not what I call choice...

the simple RG8320 (biker black /w EMGs)
and the more elaborate RG8470F (three colors, flame+vine)

there could be some japanse dealer specials coming, but I doubt they will show up in the UK.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 01:33 PM

Re: Help VERY VERY CONFUSED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashton
Im really in need of some guidance on what j custon to buy, because theres so damm many. Ive got a fair amount of cash wihch ones are the best I can get for roughlt 1200. Im sorry to go on however there just seems to be an endless choice.

HELP...
If Mylo's still selling and you have got the money, then imho this is probably the best j-custom you'll get your hands on

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46180
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 03:58 PM

Does it have to be a J-custom? I'd HIGHLY recommend a Prestige RG3270M. There has been some posts with images of it.. http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47020

I bought one of these from Ishibashi recently and I love it. I even think it plays as well, if not better, than my Jem7VWH. I do think the neck is slightly wider, or maybe the maple fretboard makes it look that way. Either way it's an extremely versatile guitar and I think you can get it for around 1095 from GAK or some other UK distributors.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 11:30 AM

Reviews: 4

Why did u post 2 threads with the same question?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 11:47 AM

Gurj, I decided to keep the JC! It's not perfect, but sod it, I like it. Just means I havta buy a Jem aswell. (And a JS, and another JC RG, and a PGM and a...)

ehe.

~M
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 04:23 AM Thread Starter

Red face Re: Help VERY VERY CONFUSED

Cheers for the help guys its just everyone reccomends the guitar they got. The thing is if i go into a shop and try out 6 guitars ill have tried 3 then get chucked out. I just wanna know the best of the lot and the all rounder cause they're seems to be hundreds.

Thankyou very much...
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 04:40 AM

wave a wad of cash at the shop dudes and say ok shall i go now ? if they are wierd say ok im off to buy from some place else , there loss, i would say dont spend an hour on each guitar though i usually just go in and pick one up (im cheeky)
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 05:22 AM
GAZ

Buying NEW in the UK with a budget of 1200 you only have the choice of ONE J Custom - the RG8570....................... The highest spec Prestige model in your price range is the RG3270. Check em both out and see which you prefer. Don't delay though coz not many new ones are left !!

G.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 07:15 AM

Where abouts in the UK are you?

If you're up north make time for a trip to Sounds Great (near Manchester Airport) They've got a few nice high end RG's in including one of the black & white swirls.

If your down south check out Machinehead in Hitchin or Coda in Stevenage
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Smile Re: Help VERY VERY CONFUSED

Well lets say I could extend my budget to 1500
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

Question Re: Help VERY VERY CONFUSED

i like the like of the 3270 with the maple neck, but is it worth saving up even further to get an even better model
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 09:03 AM

Save your money and invest in a custom to be honest.

Check out organic guitars or blackmachine, there's many more brands (dissasociative 1 may see this post and tell you some more) to look at but these are 2 I personally like.

I saved up lots and bought my Jem, but if I was in the same situation again I would choose a custom.

Tags
maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode