Help with the vines on J customs - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

Help with the vines on J customs

I just noticed that the vines that connect the leaves on my 8270 appear to be paint. I also noticed this on the 8670. However the vines on a 8470 are like the same material as the leaves. I never noticed this before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 11:32 PM

Re: Help with the vines on J customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroyboyk View Post
I just noticed that the vines that connect the leaves on my 8270 appear to be paint. I also noticed this on the 8670. However the vines on a 8470 are like the same material as the leaves. I never noticed this before.
They are not paint, its inlay. The 8470's just changed the material to MOP on the 8470's to make it blingier. The 8270's and 8670's are colored plastic
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 01:57 PM

There are three variants of the J-Custom vine. The first has the colored plastic/mirror leaves in addition to the abalone and MOP leaves with a wood vine. The 2nd variant has no colord plastic/mirror inlays but instead has abalone/MOP leaves. The newest variant got rid of the wood inlayed vine and replaced it with MOP.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 02:07 PM
Vendor

4th varient, straight MOP

http://www.ibanezrules.com/images/gallery/hrg1vv_2.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode