Help!!! A well green Prestige RG3070!? - Page 3 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Dee

Re: Help!!! A well green Prestige RG3070!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitarrero View Post
He's a friend of mine - what do you want to know? Anyway, he sold his RG3070GN a while ago but it had a replacement neck because the green fretboard finish came off on the original neck.
He peeled the finish off the neck. He says this very clearly on his site, so gitarrero, either Magnus is lying or you're mistaken.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 04:27 AM

Sorry, a little misunderstanding. I thought MattyCakes was referring to Marcus (www.mindwaltz.de) and the other is Magnus Olsson (www.magnusolsson.com). Marcus is a private fan and collector from Germany who used to have a RG3070GN with a replacement neck. Magnus from Sweden is a professional guitarist and Ibanez endorser (!) who still has the RG3070GN but removed the finish from the fretboard.

Here's Marcus' guitar:

post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 09:23 AM

is still dont know is it paint or is it plastic?
man i'm seriously tempted to get this one... even if that means a loan.
it might gain in its value in 10 years :P 500 pieces isn't that much
post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 05:44 PM
Dee

It's plastic. All you gotta do is read Magnus Olsson's web page. Magnus also mentioned it in a thread here about a year or so back, I very clearly remember talking with him about it. Jim assumed Kevan was right when he said something about it being stained and clear coated.
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 05:59 PM

It certainly didn't come off like it was stain, it came off perfectly. If you look at the pics it's pretty obvious it was a removable, separate thing. Cool looking guitar with the plastic off, too.
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 06:07 PM

how come nobody here has it? some people here are all over rare RG's.
and this one has some nifty details too
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 09:26 PM

Hi, guys.

The green on the fretboard is, as Dee says, just a green plastic film that is hold down by the frets. The material is very similar to color filter for stage lights (I’m pretty sure it is the same). It felt a bit wrong removing it, since it is a pretty rare model, but it felt like a horrible toy guitar with the plastic fretboard, it was very uncomfortable to play.
I never play it while it had the plastic on, but used it for a 100 shows job in France when it got removed, that was all I needed to feel good about doing it, turning it into a player.

Here is how the plastic looks.

It truly is an amazing model with cool little details, like the binding and the amazing book matched maple top. The neck feels a bit different then most other RG’s, the edge from the fretboard to the back is almost sharp and a bit uncomfortable. Could be easy fixed if it gets refretted. It is probably so sharp to make the plastic look good, so it is all the way out to the ends, but I’m just guessing.

/Magnus
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 01:12 PM
Dee

I too would have taken the plastic off. I think the guitar looks a million times better without it. Great looking axe. Binding is very cool.
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 01:52 PM

I'd take of the plastic as well. Looks a thousand times better ...and you can play it

Realy good looking axe - I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I found it with some cash to spare
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-01-2008, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Hey everybody! I'm the guy who kicked this thread off back in 2002!! I still have my RG3070 and am considering selling it. I know it's a rare model and mine still has the green fretboard!

If anyone would like to make me an offer, I'm open to suggestions.

Reason for selling? Too many guitars. I've got an RBM2NT and a Jem777VDY that re main, plus a whole host of other stuff. My 3070 just doesn't get played and it's a shame as it's sweet!

Best to send any replies to my email address as I haven't checked this site in ages!! [email protected]

Cheers
Dave
post #41 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-01-2008, 09:18 PM

the green thing in the fretboard is some kind of plastic, someone here owns one and took that thing off the fretboard, its maple and looks way nicer without it

lol just realise that had already been said lol

Tags
air norton , bridge position , clear coat , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , edge trem , flamed maple , magnus olsson , maple fingerboard , maple neck , paul gilbert , pro edge , pro edge trem , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode