Help!!! A well green Prestige RG3070!? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-05-2002, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

Help!!! A well green Prestige RG3070!?

Hi there...brand new to this place....and what a site!!!! I have been reading it for hours!

I have recently bought a guitar that rocks my boat. It's green with a flame-type top, green finish with matching headstock and a strange green finish on the fingerboard. All hardware is gold with a Lo-Pro Edge trem and Dimarzio pickups. I bought it SO cheap and it sounds fantastic through my rig. Unfortunately I know NOTHING about this guitar and thought I'd try you guys for some knowledge...! Can anyone tell me when this was built, woods used, AAA flame (?) odd green fingerboard, kind of pickups? Serial number is F524506 (assume it was made in 96?) and it came with a shaped fitted case. I find no assistance on any Ibanez web site and Rich Harris thought that 'Jono' on this site may know.

Guys, I leave it up to you to put me in the picture.

Current guitars owned are the above, an RG770, a Sabre and a RBM400 (gotta get rid of the TRS on the Voyager though, though. Have already up graded the pickups to a set of EMG's.... :-)

Cheers

Dave
UK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-05-2002, 09:04 AM

Dave,

A picture would really help us. I have no clue what you're describing. Possibly a UK only model? Your serial number suggest it's a 1995 model, made in Japan - (F5...)

~d~
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-05-2002, 09:16 AM

There was one on EBay about 4-6 months ago...there's a thread at this link

http://www.jemsite.insomnia-vhosting...t=ibanez+green

Looked like a pretty cool guitar ( as long as you REALLY liked green!)
post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-05-2002, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

Green Prestige RG3070

Sorry (and this sounds real stupid!) but how on earth do I get an image onto my reply?
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-05-2002, 09:18 AM

Hi there, I palyed one in Italy last year and was very impressed with the overall sound the baby was set up really bad but after my complin the store set it up a little bit better, always been one of my favourite prestige model and drooled a lot over it but never found one in my price range, Ive only seen too in person one in Italy(tomassone) the other one in Hamburg(Germany), saw a couple of the sell on the German Ebay in the last 6/7 months if the memory serve me well the Pickups are Air Norton/FS1/Tone Zone
Good luck and please post some pictures.

Stefano :P
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-05-2002, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

Jeez, I sound like a real idiot...but can someone tell me how I get a picture on my reply thread...!!!

Stefano, thanks for the reply. I bought mine from a shop in Germany. Would the Tone Zone be in the neck or the bridge, mmy friend?

Dave
UK
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-05-2002, 02:58 PM

Usually the Tone Zone is in the Bridge position, the only exception been the Paul Gilbert PGM800 and PGM 90th Annyversary with both Bridge and neck Tone Zone
Sorry I do not have any picture, can I ask how much did you pay for it?
Cheers
Stefano
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-05-2002, 03:19 PM

I've seen that guitar.. but didn't want to play it because of the fretboard.

Hmm.. I think we should collect a bit of information about the european guitars, folks.. I could supply scans of the european catalogues of '93, '01 and '02.
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-05-2002, 09:41 PM

Hello, the guitar you described sounds as the anniversary RG which was featured in the European catalogues 95(?). It was also featured in a Swedish musician magazine (The name was MM = musikermagasinet = musicians magazine).
The RG was some kind of a early Prestige or a very highend RG model. I'll try to find the catalogues and post pictures of it asap if I find my catalogues...
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-06-2002, 04:43 PM

Hello,

I own this wonderful guitar and as far as I know it is the Rudi Buttas (PUR) Signature model. I bought it in Hamburg.

greets

post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

That's it!!!!! That's the smegger!!

A well cool green guitar! What's the wood for the body, neck, fingerboard etc? Pick-ups (Air Norton and Tone Zone?). Who is Rudi Buttas? I know it was made in the Japan factory, so must be a high end RG?

Any info greatly appreciated!!

Dave
UK
post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesjourney
That's it!!!!! That's the smegger!!

A well cool green guitar! What's the wood for the body, neck, fingerboard etc? Pick-ups (Air Norton and Tone Zone?). Who is Rudi Buttas? I know it was made in the Japan factory, so must be a high end RG?

Any info greatly appreciated!!

Dave
UK
Mahagoni body with flamed maple top, maple neck and - iīm not sure - maple fingerboard. Pickups are Air Norton, Tone Zone and the singlecoil, i dontīt know the model but itīs also a DiMarzio. It is a very high end RG Prestige, put together with only the best materials. Production-year is 1996 only. Rudi Buttas is the lead guitarist of the german band PUR - in my opinion very bad style - but Buttas is a cool guitarist.
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 09:39 AM

Wow, thats really cool looking. Green stain in the gloss of the maple fingerboard? Has anyone seen these in the US?

Lee
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 02:11 PM

Those Prestige 3070's weren't brought to the US.
Definitely cool with the stained fretboard under the clearcoat. The middle pickup should be a DiMarzio Blue Velvet.
Congrats on a sweet ride.
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 02:43 PM

Do you have any larger pictures of the fretboard that you could upload or give the links to?

-Ben

Tags
air norton , bridge position , clear coat , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , edge trem , flamed maple , magnus olsson , maple fingerboard , maple neck , paul gilbert , pro edge , pro edge trem , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode