Here's my USA Custom Collection! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 01:31 AM Thread Starter

Here's my USA Custom Collection!

OK - Just thought I'd share!

They are, top to bottom, left to right:

"Tie Dye" - Pamelina artwork. 1989 serial #, but probably released as a late '90 or 1991 model. Low production graphic. Square neck heel.

"Surprise" UCGR1 - Pamelina artwork. 1989 serial #, but again, released in 1990 or 1991. Square neck heel.

"Leather & Metal" UCGR4 - Pamelina artwork. 1991 serial #. AANJ.

"Green Eyed Beauty" - A one-of-a-kind Pamelina prototype for Ibanez. According to Pamelina, anyway, this is the only one. Dated 1989. Square neck heel. A Christmas present from my wife.

"Gray Snake" UCMD1GS - Metaldesign series. 1989 serial #, but a '91 model. Square neck heel.

"No Bones About It" 92UCGR2 - Dan Lawrence artwork. 1991 serial. AANJ.

"Chopper" - Artwork by Klemann - 1989 serial #, but painted in 1990. Square neck heel.

Original USAC by Mike Lipe back when he worked for Ibanez. According to him, it's the only USAC he did with this paint job. I've seen at least one other Ibanez with a similar paint job (an earlier , non-RG model), but Lipe says this was the only "factory" USA Custom to get it. Maple neck, of course, with square neck heel.

USRG30TP - 1995 model. My wife gave me this one for our 10th anniversary. She's so cool!

"Serpent" UCMD1ST - Metaldesign series. 1990 serial #. Square neck heel. Note the 3-coil IBZUSAF3 bridge pickup!

That's it. For now.

Interesting how many have 1989 serial #'s but didn't show up in the catalogs until the 1991 model year.

If you can't tell, I'm addicted to USAC's. If anybody wants to talk customs, bring it on! Also, if I screwed up any of the specs I listed, please say so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 01:42 AM
Vendor

Re: Here's my USA Custom Collection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAorama
Original USAC by Mike Lipe back when he worked for Ibanez. According to him, it's the only USAC he did with this paint job. I've seen at least one other Ibanez with a similar paint job (an earlier , non-RG model), but Lipe says this was the only "factory" USA Custom to get it. Maple neck, of course, with square neck heel.
I've got one of those
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 01:43 AM

Crazy!!!
post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 01:47 AM

Awesome collection!!! So which one's your fav?

Your wife must be pretty awesome, too! I'm still in the process of "training" my fiancee, but since she's still in school, it'll probably be a while before she can buy me any cool toys!

To me, there are some things that always catch my eye... unique paint jobs, shark fin inlays, reverse headstocks. I love 'em!

I know how the addiction thing goes... I've always been a sucker for anything with a flamed/quilted maple top on it...
http://www.naughtybutterspoon.com/st...tion102103.jpg

--B
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 02:06 AM Thread Starter

Dammit, Rich! But then, you've practically got one of everything, so it doesn't surprise me. Cut a rookie some slack!

Seriously, though, I sent a pic of it to Lipe, because I'd seen a similar paint job he'd done on another Ibanez. He told me what I said above, that it was the only USAC he'd done with that particular paint job. Maybe he meant "It's the only one I painted where that one little blue squiggly line down by the volume pot goes up and to the left instead of down to the right like the other 500 I painted." I dunno.

As for my favorite, it's hard to say. I've obviously got sentimental attachment to the USRG30TP. I like "Leather & Metal" a lot too. But then I like the snakeskins too, and they're both dead MINT. Heck, I can't decide.

My wife is totally awesome. She never nags when I find a guitar I want to buy, though sometimes she has to remind me that we still need to buy food occasionally. But that's just her responsible side talking.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 02:08 AM
Vendor

Who knows what mine originally was, but it's RG [and ended up with a PMC neck]
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Who knows what mine originally was, but it's RG [and ended up with a PMC neck]
Ouch.
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Anyway, thanks to several Jemsiters for helping me put this collection together. Several of these guitars came from Jemsite folks, a few others from EvilBay. Only a couple did I get local. So, if anybody has a unique USAC graphic to sell, please let me know! I really love the ones that didn't make the catalogs.
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 08:32 PM

wow...
do you use all of those?
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 11:47 PM

Sweet collection, man! That's a killer lineup. If you EVER decide to let go of the "Green-Eyed Beauty" (though there's probably no chance of that happening, right? ), let me know.
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 03:12 AM

Holy cow, that is an amazing collection! You're a lucky guy!
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 07:02 AM

Those guitars looks really great
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 08:14 AM

Fantastic collection!

post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
wow...
do you use all of those?
Some more than others! I play all of them from time to time. Some I hate to play, just becase I don't want to put any wear on them. I mean I DO play them all, but not as a regular beater. I've got a few 500's and 700's that I play all the time, and it's OK if they get dings in them. I've spent quite a bit of time restoring some of the USAC's, and I try to keep new dings to a minimum!

Thanks to the rest of you for the nice comments!
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 08:17 PM

nice collection

Tags
bridge pickup , bridge position , coil split , custom shop , maple neck , neck joint , neck joints , quilted maple , reverse headstock , reverse headstocks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode