Hey all you Jackson guys!!! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Hey all you Jackson guys!!!

Wondering if you could help a guy out here.......My daughters BF just picked up a mid to late 90's Jackson V. Not the Randy Rhodes model, but the Performer model. It's the 3T model, has a trem w/ two humbuckers. The guitar didn't come with a trem bar or blocks for the locking nut. I've taken care of the locking nut problem but I'm having a heck of a time trying to track down the proper trem arm. Seems that this model trem came with an arm that's threaded. According to Jacksons website, it's a JT-500 trem. According to pics I'm seeing on the bay of different Jackson/licensed trems, it could be (according to pics) a JT-590. Anyway, if you could help me out here I'd appreciate it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 05:14 PM

Re: Hey all you Jackson guys!!!

The PS3T model uses the JT500 tremolo, which I have on an early 90's JS30 that is very similar to the JT580 on Jackson's Pro series. I've had no issues interchanging the trem arms between my JS30 and DK2.

I also believe the JT590 has the same trem arm and holder as the JT500 and JT580, however, the previous owner could have replaced either the tremolo or just the trem arm/holder.

Can you share a pic of the trem?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 07:06 PM
dex

JT500 is licensed made FR2 and the JT590 are Schaller made FR2 so you need a Schaller FR 2 trem arm that has a screw on collar.
For some reason they come from the shop with the mounting bushing on them.

http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/TremoloInfoProject.htm

This is the arm you need.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,...s.html#details
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

This is what it looks like. Identical to this one...

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e...i/IMG_8286.jpg

So can the arm (with bushings) from stew mac work in this? So I'm basically replacing the entire arm and holder assembly.....?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 01:26 PM
dex

ah, this is one of the early 90s Schaller ones - this is the arm you need for the trem

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,...s.html#details

The link I posted above is for the newer Schaller trems with smooth bore arm and screw on collar but yes they are sold with the mounting bushing - the whole arm holder unit and can be replaced entirely but getting the right arm will be much less hassle so go with that.

Tags
jackson performer 3t , jackson v

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in