Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Hi, could anyone tell me the model of this RG Prestige?

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  KennyV 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi i was wondering if anyone could help me out and to find the exact model of this rg prestige. apparently it's a 2009 model? im not quite sure.

#3 ·
Hmm.. that doesn't strike me as a prestige.

From the picture you added, I can't really tell if it has prestige in the logo, but I did find the listing this image came from on eBay.
What I find off is prestige guitars don't typical have pickup rings.
They tend to be direct mounted into the cavity.

Closest prestige I found is this one here, RG652. But again, no pickup ring.
Musical instrument Guitar Guitar accessory String instrument String instrument accessory

Here's another model that looks Alot more like the one your showing body wise. Rg421
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument Plucked string instruments

A perfect mix is a prestige neck and this body with gold hardware.

Ibanez is always hard since they swap things so often and don't always have great documentation.

#5 · (Edited)
It seems to be Prestige neck with Top-lock converted to not lock with standard - lower tier ( not Prestige) body,
As far as I know all prestige bodies have barrel type cord input.
Here is cheaper body's type wider rhomboid input. (6th picture in original add.)
It is mix with some upgraded parts like pegs.

So it is probably not Prestige.

#6 · (Edited)
That's what I was feeling too.
I didn't even look at the input but if I had that would give it away too.

Good spot on the nut, that is definitely a top lock style shelf that has a custom metal nut swapped on.

So basically, I think I was right.
It's a neck from a RG652 with Floating trem on a Rg421 body.

The neck would have come with gold pegs however, 99% of the 652s I saw had an edge trem and all gold hardware. The pic I posted of the one with the hardtail took almost 30 mins to find. Had I seen it was a converted locking nut on a hardtail my 3am brain would have put 2 and 2 together faster.

The 421 body is the only match I found for layout and wood patterns, but if they did this body, all hardware was upgraded to gold for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.