Hi! Help me decide: Ibanez EW20ASE or Ibanez AW40ECE - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 02:45 AM Thread Starter

Hi! Help me decide: Ibanez EW20ASE or Ibanez AW40ECE

Hello there guys! My name is Daniel, I am from the Philippines and I am a 19 year old guitar player.
I have a bit of a dillema as I have just made a no0bish move. I had read several reviews on the internet regarding the above mentioned acoustics from Ibanez, the EW20ASE from the Exotic Wood line and its Artwood counterpart, the AW40ECE. While both guitars were reviewed very positively, no review really compared them against each other.

The no0bish mistake I had made was immediately going for the EW20ASE before trying the AW40ECE for myself as it ultimately comes down to the person's subjective preferences. I had tried the EW20 and found it to be a nice, fast-playing, good sounding acoustic but I can't help but wonder whether I would have preferred the AW40 more had I tested the two guitars side-by-side. So, bottomline, I need some help deciding whether I should sell my EW20 and buy an AW40 instead. A question I have is if the AW's solid top construction is really such a huge departure from the EW's figured ash top that I would have to sell the EW and get an AW. Another is the neck; I really love the electric guitar-like neck on the EW. Does the AW also have a fast, slim neck? I would really appreciate your help guys. THANK YOU!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
electric guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode