Hi and my 86 RG600TK - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Hi and my 86 RG600TK

Hi everyone. I just stumbled across the site today trying to find more information about my guitar. I just picked up an 86 Roadstar Deluxe RG600TK in near perfect condition and separately, the correct hard case for it, also near perfect. I have heard production numbers as low as 137 of the black ones like mine, but I can't verify anything. It's not considered vintage till next year although the guitar values guide at the local music shop shows the sister RG530 worth around $700. I love the sound of it. I am just learning how to play and it's my first guitar. If anyone has any info that could help me that would be great. Thanks,
Mark

Last edited by mjallard; 03-15-2010 at 10:11 PM. Reason: wrong info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 06:28 PM

Re: Hi and my 86 RG600TK

This is the page of the 1986 catalog that has your model:

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/anniversary/...t_id=130&now=3
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 03:43 AM

welcome Mark, and congrats for your beauty. i own a '85 RS530, great guitar, but i think it's soon to consider it vintage.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

Thanks. According to the local shop 25 years is considered vintage. I am just trying to find some production numbers to verify it's rarity or lack there of. I love it. A real cool find and it sounds awesome. Would like to find a same year RG530WP to go with it some time. Do you have a pic of your 530?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjallard View Post
Thanks. According to the local shop 25 years is considered vintage.
hehe, of course they're trying to put some gold on it just to increase its sale value trust me, 25 is far from vintage. the RS530 usually goes for $250/300 unless it's a very rare and particular finish version, or NOS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjallard View Post
Do you have a pic of your 530?
HERE you go
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 11:42 PM

Reviews: 11

that's sweet man, i have an ibanez rgt 42 i think that its a 2003 model, I am yet to have an Ibanez guitar (have owned 3) that i haven't loved. have fun with that beauty

Tags
rg600tk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode