Hi, newbie here with some USRG ?s - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Hi, newbie here with some USRG ?s

Let me introduce myself, I am Mike.

I have searched the archives and have read up on the USRG. Since most of the posts regarding this guitar are old, I was wondering what the value of these things are nowadays?

I ask, because I have the opportunity to purchass an amber quilt USRG30. It plays killer, is all original, has the case, and is in 9-9.5 condition.

I am mostly a Fender guy, but really like this guitar. If I buy it I could decide in a month that I don't want it anymore and want to make sure that I am not paying too much for it. I need to break even if I sell it.

I also saw the talk about the USED and S stamps on the back of the headstock. The one I am looking at has both of these markings. I'll go with the "S" meaning second, probably cosmetic, as in not really a AAA top like they were advertised as. The "USED" stamp makes me scratch my head though. Anyone ever figure out what this means?

Thanks for your help...

P.S. the neck heel "issue" as discussed in other threds is a non issue for me...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-05-2004, 06:01 PM

I have a USRG10 (fixed bridge) and i payed 900 give or take with shipping. It was nearly mint. It is a great guitar and is well worth the buck. I highly recommend it. The neck is a tad bit thicker than a wizard but not much and has the zero tension truss road. The pickups are dimarzios of course and the tops are beautiful. If i recall right they are all alder with maple tops. Mine has sort of an edgy sound with mid bass. Leads really cut through and it is a great rock/metal guitar.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-06-2004, 11:29 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. Did you get your 10 recently? Does the 30 go for more or less than the 10 generally?

Tags
fixed bridge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode