Which are the hight quality best value guitars? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
NRS

Which are the hight quality best value guitars?

In response to the thread: "Which are the most overpriced guitars?" I'd rather find out which ones people think are some of the most reasonably priced best values out there in terms of the amount of quality and features you get for the money. (nothing over $1000 please)

I'll start by nominating Schecters. I had a C1+ briefly that I paid $550 for and was just blown away by its quality compared to anything else I've tried in its price range. Features like a Set neck with graphite reinforced rods, ivory binding and wicked cool inlays, along with a beautifully finished flamed maple arch top over mohogany body and great Duncan designed reproductions of JB and 59 pickups really set this thing apart. Just as good as any Gibson or PRS I'd say.

Never owned a Carvin but have been drooling over thier catalogs for years and to me the've always looked to be of pretty high quality and value for the money, especially considering you're able to customize them any way you want for no more money than what an identical premade one with the same features would cost. I've heard nothing but great things about them. I only wish they had an east coast outlet so I could go try a few out!

Last edited by NRS; 11-28-2006 at 06:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 06:59 PM

Re: Which are the hight quality best value guitars?

Well for under $1000 I guess an old 540Sltd would get my vote. Very well made and versatile guitar that was. Great tone and pickup options for whatever style you wanted to play. I think it costed around $650 back in the day ( 1990-91 -ish)
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 07:42 PM

PRS SE series are stunningly good guitars for around a quarter of the cost of a US made PRS - feel great, sound great and look great - lately, at least here in Australia they have been blowing out the older style SE Soapbars for about $600AUD, which is criminally cheap for a world beating P90 equipped weapon! P.S. Just in case anyone might think this is in response to me believing that US PRSs are too dear, I have two US Custom 22s, and I have seriously considered buying an SE Custom as a spare!
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 07:49 PM

I paid US$400 for my Jem7RB, does that count? Under $1000, I can't think of anything new.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 08:55 PM

I'll second that on the PRS SE series! INCREDIBLE guitars for the value, especially the SE Custom series. Everyone should get one.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
NRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonGeetah View Post
Well for under $1000 I guess an old 540Sltd would get my vote. Very well made and versatile guitar that was. Great tone and pickup options for whatever style you wanted to play. I think it costed around $650 back in the day ( 1990-91 -ish)
LOL, I got one still and thats exactly what I paid for it back then. Although I've been auctioning off a lot of studio equipment lately, I'm still really torn about what to do with this one. Any idea of thier current value?
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 11:10 PM

Don't get rid of it.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
NRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-man View Post
Don't get rid of it.
Anything can be gotten rid of for the right price.

I'm thinking about going the custom route for my next axe anyway so may need the fundage.

Got a mother for sale too if theres any takers out there. LOL!
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 09:40 AM

Cort's. They are the largest manufacturer of guitars in the world. They produce many of the overseas versions of our favorite guitars. Because of this, they can produce high quality at low prices for their own brand. They also have steered away from making copy guitars for their own brand so they are somewhat unique in their variations. I bought a Cort Pagelli for $330 and it matches well to a Gibson Les Paul. I also have a Cort Zenox (paid $300, now you can pick them up for about $200) which is a variation of a Gibson LP and is amazing in tone and quality of workmanship. Both are solid mahogany. The Pagelli is one piece. The silver is the Zenox and the flame is the Pagelli.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 09:57 AM

I think Schecter makes some pretty good guitars for the price.
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 10:22 AM

Talking Re: Which are the hight quality best value guitars?

I just played my Jem77BRMR for some hours, and it is definitely value for money IMHO.

regards,

JP
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demogorgos View Post
I just played my Jem77BRMR for some hours, and it is definitely value for money IMHO.

regards,

JP
Those are over $2000 US.

I second Acidhouse on Corts. I have a Cort G250 and besides a loose input jack, it's an extremely good value for money.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 11:10 AM

i am gona vote for Edwards Kiko Signature model..it just came straight to my head
based on japan's RRP

u getting neckthru 7 piece neck, 27 frets, Ebony fretboard, Floyd Rose Original, Seymour Duncan pus and its Signature model..

for its price and wood used and quality of hardware, its really good value
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 12:21 PM

Squier Affinity Tele's. GREAT guitars! Prefer 'em to the US models.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymills View Post
Squier Affinity Tele's. GREAT guitars! Prefer 'em to the US models.
Really? I was told to go mexican rather than squire for a few quid more...

Tags
duncan designed , ebony fretboard , electric guitar , fixed bridge , flamed maple , floyd rose , gibson les paul , gotoh tuners , les paul , seymour duncan , steve lukather , wolfgang special , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode