Hlep - Ibanez Roadstar II Model Identification - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2015, 05:49 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Brazil
Posts: 4
Help - Ibanez Roadstar II Model Identification

Hello guys,

I need some help to identify the model for my Ibanez Roadstar II> I'm trying to find an original edge for it cause mine is a little averaged. Can you please help me out? Follow the link for the picture of it inside my case.

s27.postimg.org/a3yhbvsgz/470152_325876410822262_866056368_o.jpg

Last edited by MasterplanBR; 01-22-2015 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Words correction
MasterplanBR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2015, 09:57 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 404
Re: Hlep - Ibanez Roadstar II Model Identification

Sweet! Love these; hope to get one some day.

It's an '86 RG530BP (black pearl). Usual Ibanez spec of basswood body (with a flame maple veneer) and maple/rosewood neck. Original pups look like EMGs but are passive, looks like you've got Duncans in yours - 59 and Invader?

The Edge is the same as the later ones apart from the fact that it has a 41mm block because it sits on the body. You can get them in the $100-200 range, depending on the condition.
Ashurbanipal is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2015, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Brazil
Posts: 4
Thumbs up Re: Hlep - Ibanez Roadstar II Model Identification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashurbanipal View Post
Sweet! Love these; hope to get one some day.

It's an '86 RG530BP (black pearl). Usual Ibanez spec of basswood body (with a flame maple veneer) and maple/rosewood neck. Original pups look like EMGs but are passive, looks like you've got Duncans in yours - 59 and Invader?

The Edge is the same as the later ones apart from the fact that it has a 41mm block because it sits on the body. You can get them in the $100-200 range, depending on the condition.
Thank you very much Ashurbanipal! This is what I call an answer with all information a person may need.

I have a Duncans Invader and a DiMarzio Evolution, cause my EMGs stopped working on early 2000.

Now I'm trying to find an Edge in better conditions than mine. I'm looking to ibanezrules.com but I could not identify the correct model. Do you know which is the correct model? I googled it and no good results on search.

Thank you again!
MasterplanBR is offline  
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2015, 12:09 PM
 
RGTFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: New Lenox, IL-USA
Posts: 10,116
Reviews: 2
Re: Hlep - Ibanez Roadstar II Model Identification

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterplanBR View Post
Thank you very much Ashurbanipal! This is what I call an answer with all information a person may need.

I have a Duncans Invader and a DiMarzio Evolution, cause my EMGs stopped working on early 2000.

Now I'm trying to find an Edge in better conditions than mine. I'm looking to ibanezrules.com but I could not identify the correct model. Do you know which is the correct model? I googled it and no good results on search.

Thank you again!
Very nice RG Master....... I'm a big fan!!

You'll want part number 2ED1R31B
When you get it, you'll have to pull it apart and put your original 41mm block on it. All of the new Edge trems ship with a 37mm block, IIRC.
RGTFanatic is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2015, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Brazil
Posts: 4
Thumbs up Re: Hlep - Ibanez Roadstar II Model Identification

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
Very nice RG Master....... I'm a big fan!!

You'll want part number 2ED1R31B
When you get it, you'll have to pull it apart and put your original 41mm block on it. All of the new Edge trems ship with a 37mm block, IIRC.
Man! You really rock!

I found it through the PN you sent. This brazilian guy is really happy with your help.

Let me know if you need something from down here!!!!
MasterplanBR is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2015, 05:43 PM
 
RGTFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: New Lenox, IL-USA
Posts: 10,116
Reviews: 2
Re: Hlep - Ibanez Roadstar II Model Identification

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterplanBR View Post
Man! You really rock!

I found it through the PN you sent. This brazilian guy is really happy with your help.

Let me know if you need something from down here!!!!
LOL.... your welcome.

Some sunshine and warm days would be nice....... can you get to work on that?
RGTFanatic is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-23-2015, 05:05 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Brazil
Posts: 4
Smile Re: Hlep - Ibanez Roadstar II Model Identification

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
LOL.... your welcome.

Some sunshine and warm days would be nice....... can you get to work on that?
I will star doind the ritual now and be sure that in 4 months you will have what you want!

Or you can take some vacations in Brazil and I can be your guide here
MasterplanBR is offline  
Reply

Tags
help me out , ibanez , roadstar ii

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which Roadstar II model? Roadstar2fanatic All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 0 03-02-2013 12:39 AM
Identification of this model ? gregsguitars All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 13 04-21-2011 06:42 PM
Anyone know what Model of Roadstar ii this is? paintyoursky All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 4 08-25-2010 04:48 PM
1988 Roadstar Pro-580T Turbot Model?? Jackson Soloist All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 1 02-22-2006 06:59 AM
Ibanez V model Identification question. Contra All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 5 06-12-2003 04:41 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome