Hm Strats - Page 3 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Re: Hm Strats

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLIE_ROCKS_THE_80'S View Post
ESP custom shop stuff is really good but it is expensive and turn around is about a year in most cases!
yeah, I'd possibly be able to wait that long as long as its the best guitar I've ever played and it lasts long.
I'd probably not get the custom Hm Strat from Esp but when he brought that up I wanted to ask what you guys thought about the shop.
I know once I get my job with my uncle in NYC I'll be making a good amt of money and after a few years there I'll be making around 6 figures a year so I will probably have some money to burn. So I was thinking of just getting some guitars I've always wanted and a custom ESP is on the list but if the Esp custom shop's quality wasn't directly proportional to the price then I still wouldn't buy it even with a good salary. (still cheap old me )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosa View Post
Also, you can buy a used Fender HM for about 500/ 600 dollars at evilbay.

I scalloped the guitar myself in 1997 with the luthier tools from my grandfather. I still love this guitar. I highly recommend a Fender HM if you play fusion/ rock.
Damn that is one dirty fret board. Did you play it after changing your car's oil?
post #33 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by moebius View Post
Damn that is one dirty fret board. Did you play it after changing your car's oil?
it is from the 80's which is a long time ago nowadays
post #34 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moebius View Post
No, i used to play 10/ 12 houres per day. That's pure burn my friend. Fretboard burn from lightning speed licks from the 80's!
post #35 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 05:23 PM

Reviews: 10
Thumbs up Re: Hm Strats

Quote:
No, i used to play 10/ 12 houres per day. That's pure burn my friend. Fretboard burn from lightning speed licks from the 80's!
Good man!!!
post #36 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
hah, yeah like john petrucci and his special metal strings that can withstand the heat of the sun, since he shreds so fast things get hot
post #37 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 05:47 PM

You can call Kahler and they still have replacement parts for the Spyder series. The reason there's no overhang is that they're scaled for the 24 frets same as any other 24 fret model guitar (Ibanez, Jackson etc.).. also these have slightly smaller 7/8 size bodies.. same as say a Jackson Dinky, Soloist, PC1 etc. They are AWESOME guitars. There is/maybe still a blue one for sale over on the Jackson forum.
post #38 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 02:47 AM
Banned

Last edited by Rodney James; 04-09-2008 at 10:16 PM.
post #39 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 02:48 AM
Banned

Last edited by Rodney James; 04-09-2008 at 10:16 PM.
post #40 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 10:56 PM

I had a HM strat stolen in college in 1989, seafoam green w/maple board. I still miss it...
post #41 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlkyHauler View Post
I had a HM strat stolen in college in 1989, seafoam green w/maple board. I still miss it...
Man, sorry to hear that.

Ever thought of getting a new one?
post #42 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Man, sorry to hear that.

Ever thought of getting a new one?
yeah I tried for years, but everything I ran across was completely used up, I check the bay every now and then but they all look like complete junk too, mine was in perfect condition, I bought it new in 1988 and it was stolen about 2 years or so later
post #43 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlkyHauler View Post
yeah I tried for years, but everything I ran across was completely used up, I check the bay every now and then but they all look like complete junk too, mine was in perfect condition, I bought it new in 1988 and it was stolen about 2 years or so later
that is why you make elaborate Saw like devices that protect your instruments from thieves
post #44 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbieguitarmaker View Post
that is why you make elaborate Saw like devices that protect your instruments from thieves
I actually did learn a valuable lesson out of the experience, but that was a hell of price to pay sadly, but lets just say I've never had so much as a cable stolen in the 20 years since

Tags
chris woods , christopher woods , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom jackson , custom jem , custom shop , ebony board , ebony fretboard , fender custom shop , fender strat , fret board , fret neck , ibanez neck , jackson dinky , jackson soloist , john petrucci , john suhr , neck joint , neck joints , neck pickup , neck shim , playing guitar , production model , wizard neck profile

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode