Holy Crap, I've done it now!!!! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 182 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

Holy Crap, I've done it now!!!!

Well, after weeks of hair pulling, deliberations and help from all you awesome guys, look what my boy Jason over at Drum City hooked me up with, yeeeeeah...

Drum roll...

Should be here Wednesday, I will take tons of pics...god I hope this neck is comfortable...cost, $750...at that price I can also get a better amp, (uhh oh, here we go again)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 182 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 02:34 PM

Re: Holy Crap, I've done it now!!!!

Nice!!!

But....the strings are backwards. So are the knobs and selector. For $750 I'd expect those things to be in the right places. Geeezz.

post #3 of 182 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty Robb View Post
...my boy Jason over at Drum City...
That was all I needed to see to know what you'd decided. Congrats, if you want a Schecter, that's the place to shop and that's the guy to buy it from. Everyone I've spoken with who's dealt with him has raved about the process.

Gorgeous axe, dude - enjoy the thing! \m/
post #4 of 182 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 02:43 PM

I could never buy a guitar unless I had played it or at least another of the model to get a feel for the neck. Hopefully, it works out for you. Nice color.
post #5 of 182 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
That was all I needed to see to know what you'd decided. Congrats, if you want a Schecter, that's the place to shop and that's the guy to buy it from. Everyone I've spoken with who's dealt with him has raved about the process.

Gorgeous axe, dude - enjoy the thing! \m/
Yeah, I got my Jackson from Jay 2 years ago, he knew I was a returning customer, so he hooked me up with all the extras plus free shipping on top of that..

and when your a lefty, you don't have the option to try before buy. Were lucky if the guitar we want is in our state, or can be ordered locally.
post #6 of 182 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty Robb View Post
Yeah, I got my Jackson from Jay 2 years ago, he knew I was a returning customer, so he hooked me up with all the extras plus free shipping on top of that..

and when your a lefty, you don't have the option to try before buy. Were lucky if the guitar we want is in our state, or can be ordered locally.
Oh, that's why everything is backwards...it's a lefty!!!!

Silly me.
post #7 of 182 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

yeah, sorry, I guess my name didn't give it away...
post #8 of 182 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 03:27 PM

Congrats on the new guitar. Love the color red. Yes more pics when it arrives please!
post #9 of 182 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 03:28 PM

Nice ! Congrats enjoy your guitar .

Regards

Andrť

post #10 of 182 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 11:20 PM

a "normal" pic for you lefty haters

Just got mine strung up with Elixirs and did a fretboard clean and took the first pics, and, well, had to share.
post #11 of 182 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 11:39 PM

Is that guitar entirely bound except the fretboard?! That's kind of odd, dontcha think?
post #12 of 182 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006, 12:08 AM

ummm, and they seem to have slipped up and tossed an extra string on there...... Lovely looking beast Robb - congratulations!

David McCarroll
post #13 of 182 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006, 12:22 AM

Very nice those are very sexy looking guitars. Ive had great experiances with Drum City also. Id definitely buy from them again.
post #14 of 182 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006, 01:05 AM Thread Starter

yeah, it is strange that the board isn't bound, oh well. Of course, the abolone binding isn't exactly cheap, so I'm guessing they did it to keep costs down. I think I would rather have the $220 worth of EMG's than neck binding. Its also a good thing if you ever need your frets replaced, since bound boards cost a ton more to refret.

now, about mods (yeah yeah, I haven't even got it yet, lol) would you guys think getting some locking tuners would vastly improve it? I'd also like a graphtech nut, but I don't know if they do 7 strings, let alone lefty 7's.

Last edited by Lefty Robb; 08-24-2006 at 01:11 AM.
post #15 of 182 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006, 01:15 AM

Great guitar Robb!
You deserve it!

~ Katrina

Tags
acoustic guitar , beautiful guitar , christopher woods , custom shop , david mccarroll , equipped guitar , eric johnson , fret buzz , guitar shop , ibanez dealer , ibanez neck , ibanez necks , local guitar shop , local music store , locking tuners , music store , neck binding , neck dimensions , production model , shred machine , volume knobs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode