Holy Grail Sounding 7 String P/U's - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

Holy Grail Sounding 7 String P/U's

I was interested in some holy grail sounding pickups for a 7. I love the genuine sound of the lace holy grail pickups. and was wondering if they have any "quacking" 7 string pickups. I know there are no famous 7 string blues players. why not start?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 10:42 PM

check out dimarzio and seymour duncan havent looked but i think they make 7-string singles.

sp00t!!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 10:46 PM
Ice

dead

Dead Roman..... that Name kills me I almost fell out of my chair when I saw it.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 10:49 PM

ur the only person who has ever commented on it

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

yeah ed roman is pretty much a joke. but he does have a few good points. you gotta take something to learn from everyone. and discard the rest of their crap. but seriously does anyone know? i thought you guys would be 7 string pros with the universes and all
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 11:02 PM

i only know about the tone i want sp00tster. Tone zone 7 in the bridge ans PAF pro in the neck and im happy. still looking for the perfect single coil.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 11:19 PM
Ice

i

I called him because I saw his ad on custom building a Ibanez guitar. I wanted a mahogany body 7 and didnt want a signature korn guitar. he said
" I'm not really taking on any projects right now."
Why?
"I"m just so busy with projects I don't have time to get anything done, I don't have time to even go to the bathroom."
So is there w waiting list, or back order do I have to wait a few months or what?
*Silence* (like nothing said for min and a half)
Or what's the deal?
"I just don't even want to talk about it right now, i don't even have time to talk on the phone. me talking on the phone right now is keeping me from getting my work done."

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 11:58 PM

Re: i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice
I called him because I saw his ad on custom building a Ibanez guitar. I wanted a mahogany body 7 and didnt want a signature korn guitar. he said
" I'm not really taking on any projects right now."
Why?
"I"m just so busy with projects I don't have time to get anything done, I don't have time to even go to the bathroom."
So is there w waiting list, or back order do I have to wait a few months or what?
*Silence* (like nothing said for min and a half)
Or what's the deal?
"I just don't even want to talk about it right now, i don't even have time to talk on the phone. me talking on the phone right now is keeping me from getting my work done."

HA HA HA HA hes an idiot
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 10:16 AM

I remember seeing pics of a guitar the Leprechaun (or his staff, whatever)made of some kid's custom 'Ibanez.' Took a 2027 bridge, and put it into a green, flamed maple arch-top RG style body, with a EMG's and a bound neck, ebony board w/custom inlay.

I have no idea if it's good or not. The kid said it was on harmony central, and I asked him if he still liked it. He said it was great. But I know this... that guitar looked SWEET.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordwolf
I remember seeing pics of a guitar the Leprechaun (or his staff, whatever)made of some kid's custom 'Ibanez.' Took a 2027 bridge, and put it into a green, flamed maple arch-top RG style body, with a EMG's and a bound neck, ebony board w/custom inlay.

I have no idea if it's good or not. The kid said it was on harmony central, and I asked him if he still liked it. He said it was great. But I know this... that guitar looked SWEET.
Sounds very interesting indeed

As for 7-string single coils and blues 7-stringers, didn't 7-strings first become really effectively used in jazz (like, before Vai even)?

I've definitely seen 7-string single coils out there (and I mean, other than already built into guitars ).
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorkthesick
yeah ed roman is pretty much a joke. but he does have a few good points.
Yeah-you've apparently acquired quite a wide knowledge base from him. I thought your fondness for the "deep-neck tenon" and "direct coupling" of pickups BS sounded familiar. Anybody naive enough to believe a word off of that monkey's website has more problems than can be listed in one sitting. Sounds like you're two sp00ts in a sp0d.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaijem777
Quote:
Originally Posted by snorkthesick
yeah ed roman is pretty much a joke. but he does have a few good points.
Yeah-you've apparently acquired quite a wide knowledge base from him. I thought your fondness for the "deep-neck tenon" and "direct coupling" of pickups BS sounded familiar. Anybody naive enough to believe a word off of that monkey's website has more problems than can be listed in one sitting. Sounds like you're two sp00ts in a sp0d.

HA HA HA HA HA AAAAAAHAHA HAHA HA*ass falls on floor*

sorry sp00tie, that was damned funny.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

btw my thing on PG is nordic gawd so look at those posts not the snork ones
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 11:23 PM

Doesn't matter if you have 1 or 10 different IDs. You've been forever branded by the drivel that you've spouted.
Closed Thread

Tags
ebony board , flamed maple , mahogany body , neck tenon , paf pro , seymour duncan , string pickup , string pickups , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode