How *bad can it be?! - worst guitar you've ever owned - Page 4 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 12:01 PM

Worst was a Korean "knock-off" Jackson DK-3. I had just gotten in country, and my guitars were not due in for 3 MONTHS (I couldn't fly with one, either). I saw a little music shop outside Camp Casey, ROK, and decided "What the hell, its only $250 bucks!". Well, you get what you pay for, and I got a guitar with, upon closer inspection, warped and jacked-up frets, warped neck, and ill-fitting (on good days) locking nuts for the floyd rose. It stays in a case in a cas ein my basement now -- I wouldn't want to sell it to someone and let them have to deal with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 01:05 PM

worst one I´ve played and owned was an Aria Pro II with a Double Locking Kahler
tremolo. It had so many dead spots, it´d be easier counting the spots who actually produced a tone. And it could never stay in tune for more than say 3 minutes. Horrible piece of crap.
post #48 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-08-2003, 06:16 PM

The worst guitar i have ever had was an RG270, that guitar was pure ****! That damn output jack was constantly giving me problems, and sometimes it just totally went out on me, and then would suddenly work again! And the trem was the absolute worst i have ever had, never stayed in tune and was too damn spongey! And i cant give the pickups a worse review, they were the powersounds, and no matter what i did the pickups always sounded muddy! And the tuners were really crappy as well, if i had to rate the rg270 on a scale of 1-5, it would be a -3!
post #49 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-08-2003, 08:41 PM

My worst guitar was also my first, a black and grey 'sunburst' Mako strat copy that I got at a pawnshop for $50. It had some chewed up frets, a gash down to the wood on the on the front of the body, tuners that wouldn't hold, and a bridge pickup that only worked some of the time. I didn't even play it before I bought it.

I had just seen the video for "November Rain" on MTV (remember when MTV played music?) the night before and decided then and there that I was going to be a guitar player. Naturally, I wanted a Les Paul, but was pretty depressed at how much they cost (when you're 12, that might as well be a million dollars.) So, it was off to the pawnshop, where I took that one.

I still have it in a cardboard box in my closet, with the addition of blood stains on the maple fretboard where I played until my fingers bled because of rusty strings, a lack of callouses, and my own pig-headed determination to play the intro riff from "Sweet Child O' Mine" from my also recently purchased GNR songbook.

-Waylander
post #50 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-09-2003, 08:25 AM

'90 Kramer strat body with one EMG "select" bridge HB and one volume knob. Had an old school strat style trem, so you could dive bomb, of course then you would be totally out of tune. No redeeming qualities except it was very cheap. First guitar for me, gotta start somewhere.....
post #51 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-12-2003, 04:14 PM

A Foxxee... OMG .. it was horrendous. 2nd to the is the new Ibanez rg320Fm i just bought. The new trem sux, and it has 0 sustain.
post #52 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 02:07 AM

Reviews: 3
Man I gotta get in on this one...

Hands down the biggest let down I've had in the last few years was hands down the PRS Tremonti SE.

I'd already owned a couple of Santana's & had real good luck w/ them so I felt for $420 it shouldn't be a big gamble.
I don't think I even had it a month.
It just felt cheap.Pickups distorted on the clean channel,which is good because w/ distortion is the only way this sounded remotely usable.
The volume pot for the bridge p/u crapped out after 2 or 3 days,it needed a fret level & the thing had ZERO resonance whatsoever.
No acceptable for a set neck guitar.

My stock RG 550 had more low end & sustain...

I had similar problems w/ the vol pot on my new Santana SE 03' model,but not this bad & that guitar actually played real nice & had a good full clear tone.
I think they are churning out so many of these now that the quality control they had on the 1st series is pretty much gone now.
post #53 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 06:04 PM

Re: How *bad can it be?! - worst guitar you've ever owned

I turned my ****ty Ibanez GSA60 into a 7 string tuning because it would go out of tune anyway with the whammy bar. I use it to be like those who downtune 4 whole steps and stuff on the radio. I wonder how low people will downtune their guitar? Besides Korn, now you hear Bb often like CHevelle. I wonder if it'll go lower than A
post #54 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 08:18 PM

the first guitar I got was the worst a GTX brand I dont know how but the wood rotted out or was ate by termites and from the electronic's cavity to the trem it was hollow
post #55 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 09:23 PM

my first guitar was my worst. A korean no-named brand that had a cheap "the-animal" logo. Fender style knock off with S-S-S PUs, maple neck and a input jack that annoyed the crap out of me. I played this for 6 years, imagine how I felt when I layed my hands on a JEM7VWH.
post #56 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 10:17 PM

I havnt owned one but i cant stand gibson les pauls .... the fell sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad.. my squier lp copy felt better and so did my squier bullet.... and there like 2000+
post #57 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 10:48 PM

Re: How *bad can it be?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono
I had a 91 JEM 77 GMC that was (imho) the single best ATD GMCswirl ever!!!

However it was a dog and a half to play. The neck/action was never right, it buzzed like mad even after several expensive setups in shops and a few attempts myself plus the 3rd fret seemed to regenerate after being filed down!?!?!

The trem NEVER returned to neutral properly, and creaked all the time.

This axe got stolen and I STILL want it back, despite the fact that it wouldn't ever behave itself:biggrin:
Now only if you showed devotion to your woman like that guitar.... :P
post #58 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBLA
I havnt owned one but i cant stand gibson les pauls .... the fell sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad.. my squier lp copy felt better and so did my squier bullet.... and there like 2000+
Then try an Epiphone Les Paul :P

The worst guitar I have ever owned was an old Epiphone acoustic... my first guitar, which my father bought for $20 for me at a tag sale. The action was about 4 inches, and we had a shim installed in the neck which brought it down to 2 inches and frets 7-15 buzzed so bad they were unusable, so I took it out and learned to play on that guitar (usually with 13s on it too!)
post #59 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 10:49 PM

um..it wasn't mine .it was a a tele copy..the neck was like a base ball bat ...action was 3 cm..and the sound was so so bad,,,,yeah..so good
post #60 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 12:43 AM

My first real guitar was an Ibanez ex360 in 1989ish.
The dealer sold it to me for only $600 (I later found out list was like $450).
The input jack fell out, the wood around it just crumbled, i brought it back to the shop numerous times for trem issues and all the store would do is keep telling me to bring it back and they would cover all repairs for a year.
Needless to say I haven't ever shopped there again and I will never send any of my students there.
For anyone in Lake County , IL.
It was Great Lakes Music in Mundelein.

Tags
black pickguard , bridge hum , bridge humbucker , bridge pickup , bridge position , duncan distortion , electric guitar , epiphone les paul , fender strat , fender telecaster , floating tremolo , floyd rose , fret board , fret level , gibson les paul , gibson les paul studio , gibson les pauls , guitar tech , humbucking pickup , ibanez neck , les paul , les paul studio , les pauls , local music store , locking nut , locking nuts , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , music store , neck pickup , neck pickups , pickup switch , playing guitar , rich warlock , squier strat , squire strat , strat body , strat style , toggle switch , trem block , trem springs , warped neck , yamaha pacifica

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode