How about Ibanez acoustics? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

How about Ibanez acoustics?

I just bought a EW30 or something with the sharp cutaway it seems to be made mostly of mahogany and has b-band electronics, etc. How are these guitars? I see that its made in china which makes me a little skeptical but all the other Ibanez acoustics at the store were also made in china. Are they good? I haven't gotten to use it much yet. Is it worth the $450? Whats your opinions on Ibanez acoustics? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Re: How about Ibanez acoustics?

EWC30 it is actually it has a thinner body and has quilted mahogany top and mahogany everything. I had $500 to spend and it was between this, pickups for my rg or a g-major and I just want to know if I made a bad choice while I still have my 30 days.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 07:04 PM

Reviews: 1

I have the EP-9 and i got to say i'm very satisfied with it. It's also made in China but i wouldn't say that it makes any difference. I bought this guitar without even trying it, but compared to those i did try before buying, it turned out to be much better, especially the electronics. I believe it's the same thing that's in your guitar.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

Yea I saw that actually the same electronics as the EP7, I don't know which ones are better the 7 or 9. Honestly, I've been having dreams of the Carvin Legacy and feel I have blown my chance to get one. I don't have the credit and if I returned the acoustic I'd get my $450 back, but then I only have like $600 towards the amp. I have my Peavey XXX 112 that I could sell but how would I go about doing that, on here maybe? Also could that make the difference? I just don't know what I want to do at this point.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 12:29 AM

I was very fond of the Artwood line, well until 2007 when all production moved to China. The whole Artwood line just went down. You can tell by the preamps/pickup packages included. For example, most in 2006 had the Fishman Prefix/Matrix combo which is awesome. The 2007's have an Ibanez SRTn preamp and a B-Band UST pickup, which isn't bad really but not as good as the Fishman setup. And, the wood choices are not as nice especially on the Jumbo model. They still have a solid spruce top but the sides are just plain maple now, no flame.
I actually just tried that new GC exclusive EWC30 just yesterday and it did sound pretty good but the body was a little small for me. I liked the looks though.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 10:00 AM
Banned

I had been demoing Taylors and Martinsm I went with cash in hand to get Taylor314. They had just got in Ibanez Artwood. Not sure of model number. I'll check when I get home. But it sounded and played at least as well as the Taylor. It was in the $650 range.

Tags
ibanez acoustic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode