How can I contact the Ibanez factory? For a one off guitar. - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy How can I contact the Ibanez factory? For a one off guitar.

Hi.

I have been scouring through the Ibanez lineup og guitars, and though many models are both interesting and appealing, I have not found one model that I would like, WITH the pickup setup that I want. I think this is very sad, for me that is BUT, I am willing to pay considerable amount for Ibanez to build me a guitar like the RGT42DXFMTGB, but with the Breed pickups as set up in the JEM77V and electronics. This would mean having a single coiler in the middle to be able to obtain that strat thwang. I would not mind either to have a fixed bridge, but the Edge trem is still okay.
The main for this is to get a neckthrough guitar with the setup of a JEM77. I have a few Jems , 2x Universe multicolour, a Black universe , a yellow 77Jem and a AFD45BG with Ultrasonic pickups.
SO, the question is, how do I contact someone who can let this happen at the Ibanez factory This will be my last electric guitar. already have all the other brands I want, a 1966 Les Paul Deluxe sunburst, a Levinson blade H4 classic, EKO eldorado 12 string, EKO 4450 Classical, Dobro acoustic, Yamaha acoustic with pickup, Ibanez BTB 5 strang bass, Fender Precision bass from 1972, plus a few more. But, I want the correct Ibanez, I know exactly how it should be but it is not manufactured.
Can anyone help??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 05:23 PM

Re: How can I contact the Ibanez factory? For a one off guitar.

You need to be an endorsee to have a custom built Ibanez otherwise you are out of luck. I recommend buying the one that is the closest to what you want and modify to suit your taste.

~Bones
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 05:25 PM

Get famous. Become an endorsee. Get them to build whatever you want. Otherwise, it isn't going to happen.
post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 05:42 PM

Yeah I'm afraid it doesn't quite happen like that mate, sorry! If it did, the Ibanez factor(ies) would be absolutely inundated with requests for "can I have this guitar but this and that different about it please?"

I suggest, like screamndemon69, that you simply buy the guitar as it is, buy the three pickups and have them installed with routing cut out for the middle pickup - a good luthier/workshop will do good job of this. Or, you hunt down an old model which has H-S-H pickup configuration and a similar colour. Or, you pick another brand that do custom orders, like ESP, or Ran, who can very accurately replicate body and headstock styles of many famous brands like ESP/Ibanez/Jackson/Schecter.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 05:50 PM

Reviews: 13

if only Ibanez would build everyone their perfect guitars.. we could save thousands on other guitars trying to get the right tone

however i'm sure if you have MEGABUCKS your best bet would be to approach the Ibanez Los Angeles Custom Shop somehow and try and get them to build your beast.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by damaverick View Post
. . . But, I want the correct Ibanez, I know exactly how it should be but it is not manufactured.
. . .
Join the club. There are plenty of people here who feel the same way. Unfortunately, they all have different ideas of what specifications "the correct Ibanez" ought to have!

I've read so many of these threads in only three years on Jemsite, it makes me feel like an expert, when in truth, I haven't even been playing long enough to know what my 'correct Ibanez' is! Good luck.

Peace

Mike
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 08:27 PM

Reviews: 25

Palease !!! just by the Ibanez you like and have it custom modded.. It cant be that hard...

and no Ibanez doesn't have a 1800 build me a guitar number :P
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 10:30 PM

that's easy:
1. get in a band
2. makes a lot of records
3. perform on MTV
4. doing world tour
5. of course.. you must have www.yournameonit.com
6. being a cover boy at guitar world magazine, or any other guitar magazine..kerrang would be fine too!

if you can meet all those criteria, don't worry, the factory representative will contact you, you just sit tight...
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 06:38 AM

Reviews: 1

Personally, I would search for the neck you like then have someone make you a body to the exact specs you want, built around the neck. The LACS won't build you a guitar either sadly, but with your choice of neck you already have the correct headstock and logo etc. Only way i'm afriad.
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
SO, the question is, how do I contact someone who can let this happen at the Ibanez factory This will be my last electric guitar.
As others have already stated, you can't get Ibanez to build you a guitar. You should check with a custom builder or get something close and mod it yourself.

Quote:
already have all the other brands I want, a 1966 Les Paul Deluxe sunburst...
You may want to check that one again, as the deluxe debuted in '68.
jim
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 10:42 AM
site founder 0% owner

Quote:
How can I contact the Ibanez factory? For a one off guitar.
Get known for your playing then become an Ibanez endorsed artist ...glen
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 01:18 PM

I know ESP has to be very good in copying guitars from ibanez.
you can always try and contact them.
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Cool Re: How can I contact the Ibanez factory? For a one off guitar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
As others have already stated, you can't get Ibanez to build you a guitar. You should check with a custom builder or get something close and mod it yourself.

You may want to check that one again, as the deluxe debuted in '68.
jim

Actually I gave Gibson the serial number and they gave me that make of year. So, as not to being a Gibson expert, I have no way of proving them wrong
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom24 View Post
if only Ibanez would build everyone their perfect guitars.. we could save thousands on other guitars trying to get the right tone

however i'm sure if you have MEGABUCKS your best bet would be to approach the Ibanez Los Angeles Custom Shop somehow and try and get them to build your beast.

I have been playing guitar for 36 years and I know what tone I want.
I would like to know if Ibanes LA Custom shop has a webpage or a phone number ?? Money are really not the problem.
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 03:14 PM
Banned

Well you could start here

1726 WINCHESTER RD., BENSALEM, PA, 19020 U.S.A.
TELEPHONE(215)638-8670
FAX(215)245-8583
ESTABLISHMENT August, 1971
INCORPORATION August, 1980
CAPITAL US$67,000
PRESIDENT BILL REIM
EMPROYEES 112
BUSINESS Wholesale for Musical Instruments (Percussion, Guitars, Electronics and Accessories) and Market Research
OFFICE 1726 Winchester Road, Bensalem, PA, U.S.A.
ANNUAL SALES AMOUNT US$76,110,000 (as of Dec 31, 200

HOSHINO GAKKI CO., LTD. HOSHINO GAKKI HANBAI CO., LTD. HOSHINO(U.S.A.)INC. HOSHINO BENELUX B.V. GUANGZHOU HOSHINO GAKKI MFG. CO., LTD. GROUP OFFICE

Tags
build me my ibanez

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode