How can I improve my RG 7321? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 06:38 AM Thread Starter

How can I improve my RG 7321?

I like my RG 7321 but I would want to improve/customize it. Beside changing the pickups, what else can I do to make it better. I was thinking about purchasing a prestige or maple neck form the bay. Is there other bridge that would fit on this guitar? it has a fixed bridge. I also might change the tuning keys and volume / tone knobs. Anything else I could do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 07:27 AM

Re: How can I improve my RG 7321?

I put a pearl pickguard on mine
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 11:09 AM

Graphtech saddles and nut, Locking tuners, Dimarzio Electronics, Shield the electronics cavity, put new strings .010-.058 gauge or bigger.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 11:10 AM

Pickups would be the most drastic change in tone (obviously). If you're going for appearance, besides refinishing, a hardware change would look cool. Either gold or chrome would be a nice alternative to the usual (and sometimes boring) black. Also, you may think about replacing the factory nut with something of a more quality material (such as bone or graphite). As you also stated, custom electronics such as quality pots/jack would be a good addition. You could also change the pickup rings to match your hardware. Straplocks are a good security addition. If you're really with this guitar for the long run i'd also check out some finish options and inlay work. Our vendors, found at the top of the website, do great work.

Good luck,
Jon Kon

Didn't see JN's post until after i posted. He's got the right idea also...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 12:08 PM

I would go with everything the previous guys suggest, plus LSR tuners. They look great and you can really "fine-tune" your guitar.

Check their site: http://members.aol.com/intertunei/LSR.tuners and google for pics

Tags
fixed bridge , locking tuners , maple neck , pearl pickguard , pickup ring , pickup rings

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode