How can you afford all of your guitars? - Page 17 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #241 of 246 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 09:20 PM

Re: How can you afford all of your guitars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
And bags of modesty?
He was gonna buy that along with some ego-reducer, but he ran out of money after the 10+ guitars and watches
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 246 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

Well, I finally got a new guitar. I bought it about a month ago at the GC Memorial Day sale. It's an AS73 in sunburst. Yeah, it's not much, but it plays great. I'm probably going to change the pickups at some point, because the stock ones are pretty bad, but not as bad as I expected.

I'm really embarrased about making this thread, and every once in a while, when it gets bumped up, I'm reminded of it.
post #243 of 246 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 07:30 PM

But I think you brought a valid point up worth discussing, Katana. I wouldn't be ashamed of it.
post #244 of 246 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 08:07 AM

I brought my first jem on thursday im 16 ive saved up for a long time at times I havent eaten or brought that cd to save that $6. I finally did it and let me tell you the feeling is amazing. Get a job my friend the feeling of your 1st JEM your first dream guitar you hold is AMAZING!
post #245 of 246 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 02:13 PM

I don't get why your parents don't want you to have a job now before it's to late and your 35 living in their basement. I got my first job when I was 12.. I picked asparagus down the road from my house, I did that for 3 years, then when I turned 15 I worked at a restaurant as a busser, now im a cook. Granted I spend most of my earnings on my car (insurance, high gas prices, tires etc.) When I get a little extra I usually buy something for my guitar.
post #246 of 246 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 03:15 PM

Im not replying to the OP, but the way I afford my gear (while still paying for living/etc) is because I dont drink hardly ever. I dont blow my money on stupid stuff (well, unless you consider gear stupid).. I worked at callcenters for awhile and just loaded myself with money, and since all I did was sleep/work, no time to really go out and spend it anyways, and that is the basis of my gear, came from that money.

I suggest it. Drinking is a waste of time anyways, just buy more guitars. Thats a better addiction .

Tags
aanj neck , acoustic guitar , alternate tuning , alternate tunings , beautiful guitar , combo amp , double neck , electric guitar , evolution pickups , fender strat , floyd rose , floyd rose trem , fretboard radius , gibson les paul , gibson les paul studio , guitar collection , guitar players , guitar playing , guitar shop , heavy metal , horsie wah , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , kramer pacer , les paul , les paul custom , les paul studio , local music store , marshall amp , marshall jvm , mesa boogie , mexican strat , music store , neck joint , peavey ultra , pitch shifter , playing guitar , practice amp , squier strat , squire strat , string bass , tube amp , tube combo , tube combo amp , vintage strat , vox valvetronix , wah pedal , yamaha pacifica

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode