How did I miss this?!?! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-19-2014, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Posts: 5,174
How did I miss this?!?!

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/japan/gc2014/index.html

Genesis Collection 2014 confirmed. No models yet but If they make a 770...
MatiasTolkki is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-19-2014, 08:02 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,511
Re: How did I miss this?!?!

It looks like an Ibanez Artist. Now if they can make a MIJ one, with less appointments than current MIJ Artist, it would help to get the street down to $1500 or so.

The Artist 2619 is $2300 street but probably worth it and every bit as good or better than similarly priced Les Paul Traditional.

I don't know how much attention Ibanez will put on the Artists or how many choices there will be in large numbers, other than making a few to fill out the catalog. It seems to me the RG will dominate Genesis as well as low, medium, and high end offerings all throughout their lines. Just like the Les Paul/SG is Gibson's flagship and strats/teles the headlines for Fender, we are known mostly for the RG (and tube screamer) outside of Ibanez fans and it will sell most to us and bring in the most first time Ibby users year after year.

That being said, I would like to see non locking RGs and some more fixed bridge models. Wouldn't it be great if we had something akin to a nice PRS type non locking trem for the high end with locking tuners? Not all Ibby players need to shred the ultimate with a double locking Floyd and Steve Vai antics.

Last edited by 63Blazer; 07-19-2014 at 08:21 PM.
63Blazer is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-19-2014, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Posts: 5,174
Re: How did I miss this?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Blazer View Post
It looks like an Ibanez Artist. Now if they can make a MIJ one, with less appointments than current MIJ Artist, it would help to get the street down to $1500 or so.

The Artist 2619 is $2300 street but probably worth it and every bit as good or better than similarly priced Les Paul Traditional.

I don't know how much attention Ibanez will put on the Artists or how many choices there will be in large numbers, other than making a few to fill out the catalog. It seems to me the RG will dominate Genesis as well as low, medium, and high end offerings all throughout their lines. Just like the Les Paul/SG is Gibson's flagship and strats/teles the headlines for Fender, we are known mostly for the RG (and tube screamer) outside of Ibanez fans and it will sell most to us and bring in the most first time Ibby users year after year.

That being said, I would like to see non locking RGs and some more fixed bridge models. Wouldn't it be great if we had something akin to a nice PRS type non locking trem for the high end with locking tuners? Not all Ibby players need to shred the ultimate with a double locking Floyd and Steve Vai antics.
I think that's just for background. The artists are nice guitars though.

I think because they did 550/570 and 670 last time, maybe 560 and 770 this time? 770 in laser blue would be so yummy. I'd hate to see them just make another run of 550s when I already have one
MatiasTolkki is offline  
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-19-2014, 10:44 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: indonesia
Posts: 2,551
Re: How did I miss this?!?!

so now it's official they are making re-issue as regular product every year.
but they call it 'genesis' instead of re-issue.
psychoshredder is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 01:00 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Posts: 5,174
Re: How did I miss this?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoshredder View Post
so now it's official they are making re-issue as regular product every year.
but they call it 'genesis' instead of re-issue.
I like Genesis better than reissue anyway
MatiasTolkki is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 07:50 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 587
Re: How did I miss this?!?!

Quote:
I like Genesis better than reissue anyway
Yeah, but the only problem (for me anyway) is that they haven't made them available in the US. Since the first 20th anniversary model was the 550 followed by the 770dx a year later, i wonder if they'll do the same thing with Genesis and reissue the 770dx this year. I'd really like to see them re-release the 565 to original specs (not like the 25th anniversary they made of that guitar). I guess we'll find out soon enough.
pwsusi is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Posts: 5,174
Re: How did I miss this?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwsusi View Post
Yeah, but the only problem (for me anyway) is that they haven't made them available in the US. Since the first 20th anniversary model was the 550 followed by the 770dx a year later, i wonder if they'll do the same thing with Genesis and reissue the 770dx this year. I'd really like to see them re-release the 565 to original specs (not like the 25th anniversary they made of that guitar). I guess we'll find out soon enough.
Japan rules that's why

My guess is that we'll see another 550 with a couple other models plopped in next to em. My HOPE is 770 Lazer blue.

We may also see a 560, although since I have one I dont really need another one

My guess is that if one of them is a 550, Candy Apple red will be one of the colors.
MatiasTolkki is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 11:32 AM
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Singapore
Posts: 20
Re: How did I miss this?!?!

looks like we'll be getting solid color 570's with sharktooth inlay for this years Genesis collection...

http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/ec/pro/disp/1/333636

http://www.apollonmusic.com/onlinesh...oduct_id=13092

http://www.amazon.co.jp/Ibanez-%E3%8.../dp/B00HF3JLBO

Black, White and Jewel Blue

Really digging the black one!
unsane is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 02:03 PM
Moderator
 
jim777's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 9,600
Re: How did I miss this?!?!

The 2619 is a great guitar, but you can get an original for less than the $2300 a new one costs. I got a '79 AR-300 (transitional period, same as 2619 except for the headstock inlay) last week for less than half that price.
jim777 is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 02:20 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,511
Re: How did I miss this?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
The 2619 is a great guitar, but you can get an original for less than the $2300 a new one costs. I got a '79 AR-300 (transitional period, same as 2619 except for the headstock inlay) last week for less than half that price.
That's a major score. Congrats!
63Blazer is offline  
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 05:04 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 587
Re: How did I miss this?!?!

Quote:
looks like we'll be getting solid color 570's with sharktooth inlay for this years Genesis collection...

http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/ec/pro/disp/1/333636

http://www.apollonmusic.com/onlinesh...oduct_id=13092

http://www.amazon.co.jp/Ibanez-%E3%8.../dp/B00HF3JLBO

Black, White and Jewel Blue

Really digging the black one!
The shark tooth inlay version of the RG570 was actually called an RG770. So basically last year they reissued the RG550 and RG570, if you're right this year it would be the RG770 (and maybe the RG570 if they are consistent with last year). Black, white and blue are cool, but hope we'll see something retro and bright like Five Alarm red.

Still hoping for the 565 though over the 700 series
pwsusi is offline  
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Posts: 5,174
Re: How did I miss this?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsane View Post
looks like we'll be getting solid color 570's with sharktooth inlay for this years Genesis collection...

http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/ec/pro/disp/1/333636

http://www.apollonmusic.com/onlinesh...oduct_id=13092

http://www.amazon.co.jp/Ibanez-%E3%8.../dp/B00HF3JLBO

Black, White and Jewel Blue

Really digging the black one!
That Jewel blue is NOT part of this year's GC. It's a GC prototype. It's a one off. I've seen it in person before.
MatiasTolkki is offline  
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 07:46 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,147
Re: How did I miss this?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
That Jewel blue is NOT part of this year's GC. It's a GC prototype. It's a one off. I've seen it in person before.
And you didn't snag it?!
Fastmerc is offline  
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Posts: 5,174
Re: How did I miss this?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastmerc View Post
And you didn't snag it?!
I had just bought my RG685 Not like you guys can get your hands it
MatiasTolkki is offline  
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 07:57 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,147
Re: How did I miss this?!?!

True I suppose, but that is a great lookin machine.
Fastmerc is offline  
Reply

Tags
2014 , genesis collection

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Miss my JEM maialinodivino Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models 10 10-29-2013 02:44 PM
How I miss... 6fingers Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! 3 08-21-2011 08:09 AM
How I miss... 6fingers Off-topic / Miscellaneous 17 01-26-2011 03:38 PM
I miss Rex too !!!! Max Payne Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! 1 11-12-2003 10:54 PM
What did I miss? - Where are all those DNA's abwalsh Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models 7 01-13-2001 06:14 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome