how do i get ahold? - just curious about J-customs - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-07-2001, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

how do i get ahold? - just curious about J-customs

Hey guys.
I was just wondering if there is a way to get ahold of J-customs or if its finders keepers. They all look wonderfull, but there seems to be little info on them.
Just wondering what the deal with them is I guess.
thanks for any info.

buzz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-07-2001, 10:58 PM

how do i get ahold?

Buzz- it is a "finders-keepers-don't-tell-Rich" type deal. *LOL *The J-Customs were/are made in VERY limited numbers (unlike the Prestige guitars which are nice, but still standard production models).

Since I'm the one who's gone the furthest for a J-Custom (Singapore) and I own "j-custom.com", I'll claim myself at the J-Custom expert here (I'd like to nominate Brent as my C.E.S.C.- Cheif Executive String Changer. LOL). *I own 4 J-Customs and I'm hunting for more.

To date, Ibanez has made more than 60 J-Custom models. *Some are absolutely dazzling (RG-ART) and some are more subdued (like a few of the V-V finishes). *There were 6 models brought to the US in 1997:
RG-ART
RG-GEAR
S-3040-PL
S-3040-BS
S-5400-NT
SR-8100

All featured wicked inlays, cool finishes, and amazing craftsmanship. *Many other models are available thru Ishibashi in Japan, or Roland-Meinl in Germany. *In the meantime, you can check out:
http://www.lakecatamountrealty.com/jcustom
(I know they're crappy pics; the new site will have good pics and more info. I promise.)

If you spot an (the?) RG-EGYPT, let me know so I can put a kidney on Ebay. *:-)
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-07-2001, 11:03 PM
Vendor

how do i get ahold?

"finders-keepers-don't-tell-Rich"

"I own 4 J-Customs and I'm hunting for more."

Seems to me KEV's the one you better not tell if you find one!! :biggrin:
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-08-2001, 07:20 PM

how do i get ahold?

I will graciously accept Kevan's nomination as CESC as long as I can change the strings on his RG-Gear first.

Hey, Kevan... is that a RG-Egypt hiding behind that bush? (swipe)

Can't wait for j-custom.com to come online. Let me know if you need any help!

--B
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-09-2001, 01:28 AM

how do i get ahold?

Hey Rich, where can we see your J-Custom's?
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-09-2001, 01:39 AM
Vendor

how do i get ahold?

If I had any they'd be for sale (or probably hanging on Kev's wall soon after)
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2001, 05:13 PM

how do i get ahold?

Or else put them as teasers on your site, like that 7-string Ibanez Custom JPM.

You love us, dont you rich? :sarcasm:
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-25-2001, 12:00 PM

how do i get ahold?

Hey man,

Check Ebay out!!!!

I got my S3040BS from there still in the original box!
Never been played!
If you like that guitar email me andi can tell you where another one is.

j
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-25-2001, 12:10 PM

how do i get ahold?

Hey guys...

I went to a guitar show two the three years ago and they had an RG-ART there which I almost bought. *They were selling it for $1600. *I had the money...sorta, but I was 15 or 16 so I was a little leary on spending that cash on an RG when I already had an RG (565). *Should I be kicking myself. *The guy had no information about the guitar, just that it was a "custom made" Ibanez that some guy was going to buy and then didn't have the rest of the cash. *I played the guitar for about 20 minutes. *It was beautiful...

Anthony
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-25-2001, 01:43 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
how do i get ahold?

Quote:
*Should I be kicking myself.
Only you can decide that but $1600 for the ART is very steep in my opinion, given the plethora of other Ibanez guitars to be found online and off. For example, you can easily grab two USA customs for that price. But if you can't live without the ART then you clearly mised out... glen
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-25-2001, 11:39 PM

how do i get ahold?

What is so special about the RG-EGYPT? *Killer finish or just extreme rarity and ugliness that only Kevan would kill for?

I think some of the J-Customs are really cool loooking, and I think some other ones are bad taste in the arts. *High quality guitars though. *Aren't some of these extra thin, as in the body?
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-26-2001, 12:38 AM

how do i get ahold?

"kill" is such a strong word. *Mame is more like it. *LOL

The RG-EGYPT is extremely rare (i.e.- probably only one made). *The quality of the finish is something that only a select few can appreciate. *Ugly? *Maybe to some, but to me it's beautiful. *I've left 3 voicemails for the guy who owns it (I *think* he owns it!), but I haven't heard back from him....and I'm not holding my breath.

I'll agree that not all J-Customs have the "knock-you-out" effect that the RG-ART and RG-GEAR have. *See the backs of the necks on a few of the ones on Ishibashi's site as an example; what is the deal with that "stain leftover on the back of the neck" thing?!?!? *Not for me.

Some of the J-Customs do feature the S-series body. *They also have the SR-8100 bass, so they're not limited to guitars only. *

Glen- I don't think you spent enough time with the RG-ART. *Should I bring her over again? * :biggrin:
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-26-2001, 12:41 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
how do i get ahold?

LOL - the GEAR looks like a giant swatch-watch to me. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder I have a couple of USA Customs to hold me over ...glen
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-26-2001, 03:52 AM

how do i get ahold?

If your going to Jemfest 2001 I can send you into a local store that has a few in stock but beware and hold on to your wallet =o)
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-26-2001, 02:02 PM
Vendor

how do i get ahold?

As Beavis would say "HUH HUH, Glen said Swatch!! HUH HUH HU" :biggrin:

Tags
custom jpm , custom models , ibanez guitars , prestige guitar , prestige guitars , production model

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode