how does one buy a new j custom? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 02:04 AM Thread Starter

how does one buy a new j custom?

and same for things like jem anniversary editions. how do you find out about these things as they go on sale from ibanez? what price range do these things tend to go for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 02:23 AM
Dee

Re: how does one buy a new j custom?

For starters, keep an eye on Rich's site, Ibanez Rules!! Click the banner at the top of the page. He usually has a some J. Customs in stock, JEM's, all kinds of new and used Ibanez, plus he'll report on the new models coming out which feature at NAMM. You can be assured that if you buy from him you are getting a well set-up guitar, and a good example of that particular model you are after. J. Customs are not available outside of Japan, and getting hold of them is not so easy, but a certain online auction site often has them, so there's another option. However, you'd be better off spending your money on a guitar from a reputable dealer and paying a little bit extra to ensure a perfect setup. Alternatively, you can order J. Customs from Japanese stores and have them imported.

http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/index.php

http://www.ishibashi-music.com/

Price range is pretty high for J. Custom's, but it varies quite a bit depending on the model. You'll have to do your homework to find out. And for news of upcoming models, there's always Jemsite, right here.
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 04:41 AM

Just saw a brand new j-custom in Kurosawa Gakki (Machida store) for about 150,000 yen which is an absolute steal. Thats about 70,000 yen less than i have ever seen them in Ishibashi, and ikebe-Gakki is even more expensive.

http://www.kurosawagakki.com/

The prices listed on the site are not what they are in shop. The BRMR they have listed is actually going for 199,000 yen.
post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 08:01 AM
Dee

Nice link.
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 08:14 AM

Not really. It's a navigational nightmare.
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leppermessiah View Post
Just saw a brand new j-custom in Kurosawa Gakki (Machida store) for about 150,000 yen which is an absolute steal. Thats about 70,000 yen less than i have ever seen them in Ishibashi, and ikebe-Gakki is even more expensive.

http://www.kurosawagakki.com/

The prices listed on the site are not what they are in shop. The BRMR they have listed is actually going for 199,000 yen.
Do they ship overseas and communicate in english?
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke^in View Post

Are you able to see the following Kanji? 町田店

If so i'll post directions for use up.

Last edited by leppermessiah; 01-02-2007 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Himitsu da yo!
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 03:48 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke^in View Post
Oh, you don't read Japanese?

post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leppermessiah View Post
Are you able to see the following Kanji? 町田店

If so i'll post directions for use up.
I can't speak for the original poster, but I for one can see the characters, and would very much appreciate some directions on how to order from one of the Japanese stores and having it imported. I'm considering a RG8470F. Importing certainly seems worth considering.

Thanks in advance!

~Bob
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 03:44 AM
Dee

Last year I was asking about ordering a J. Custom. It was from either Ishibashi or Ikebe, and I sent an email. They were extremley helpful and got back to me very quick, so if you can find an email address, go ahead and try it. I got the impression that it would be a pretty painless experience. The guy who dealt with me was very nice indeed and spoke good English. Good luck.
post #11 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 07:50 AM

Indeed, Ishibashi have an English page which is reasonably helpful at pointing you in the right direction.

http://www.ishibashi-music.com/

Robertsun; If you stumble across something you are interested in or need some help navigating PM me and ill see what i can do, though as Dee says the stores will do their best to help.

I buy all my guitars and related gear at an Ishibashi here in Tokyo and they are more than helpful, and more than a few members here have ordered from stores in Japan with very little problem.
post #12 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 11:30 AM

I've ordered a bunch of stuff from Ishibashi. Definitely very easy to deal with. They're the only ones that accept credit cards for payment. Ikebe-gakki's got some awesome stuff but the bank wire transfer can be a bit of a pain especially if you're like me and technically don't have the actual cash in the bank to pay for things but DO have the credit for it.
post #13 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 01:25 PM

Thanks all!! I've sent Ishibashi an email, so we'll see what happens.

~Bob
post #14 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 01:38 PM
Vendor

When you get your reply make sure and compare

http://www.ibanezrules.com/new/rg8470f.htm

They will be cheaper of course.
post #15 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
When you get your reply make sure and compare

http://www.ibanezrules.com/new/rg8470f.htm

They will be cheaper of course.
I already have I'm just exploring all options. There's a pretty significant price difference... so I have to weigh the risk of getting one myself direct versus spending more for one that I already know is here in the states, has been checked out, set up, stud mod, etc. It's a difficult decision.

Another factor is that I'm quite fond of the FE "Fire Agate" finish. Any chance you'll be getting your hands on one of those sometime soon?

~Bob

Tags
ikebe gakki , locking stud , locking studs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode