How it's made - Gibson guitar - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Reviews: 64
How it's made - Gibson guitar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkyXEmmFT2U
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 10:28 AM

Reviews: 13
Re: How it's made - Gibson guitar

saw this the other night, alot of work goes into them!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Yeah and those "flying" guitars looked cool!
What about a How it's made Ibanez/ESP etc?
I found nothing, only Gibson.
We need other brands factories revealed
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 04:45 PM

Reviews: 13

That would be awesome! Ive seen a marshall how its made before but thats only other decent branded gear ive seen.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 05:29 PM

Ive seen this 3 times but I totally watched it all again
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 05:36 PM

Lots of machine operators, not too many craftsman, maybe one luthier in the whole building. Sad stuff.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by musikron View Post
Lots of machine operators, not too many craftsman, maybe one luthier in the whole building. Sad stuff.
Sad is people without food.
Sad is every year, millions of animals being tortured and killed because of our selfish tongues.
Soon we'll be 10 billion, I don't think luthiers could make intruments to all musicians, they certainly can't now.
Plus machines don't make mistakes, 1 luthier program them and they can make hundred guitars per day.
If you want a special instrument, look for a luthier and open your pockets cause it won't be cheap.
That's modern civilization.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fingers View Post
Sad is people without food.
Sad is every year, millions of animals being tortured and killed because of our selfish tongues.
Soon we'll be 10 billion, I don't think luthiers could make intruments to all musicians, they certainly can't now.
Plus machines don't make mistakes, 1 luthier program them and they can make hundred guitars per day.
If you want a special instrument, look for a luthier and open your pockets cause it won't be cheap.
That's modern civilization.
Or buy a gibson, because plenty of Gibsons cost well in excess of custom made stuff. Crimson Guitars springs to mind, he quoted me 2700~ for what I wanted.

Or Rick Toone, who occupies a dimension of luthiery so rareified and bizarre that it barely resembles normal guitar building, and his instruments start around $8000, which is still less than many Gibsons.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Banned

What?!
With 2700 I could travel to Caribbean and dive.................a lot!
I don't pay more than 500 dollars for a guitar.
I just want a piece of wood to make music and not jewels or support expensive brands.
If it's in tune and I like its lookings, I buy it but never more than 500 dollars.
In the end it's just a piece of wood with magnets.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 06:35 PM

Quote:
What?!
With 2700 I could travel to Caribbean and dive.................a lot!
I don't pay more than 500 dollars for a guitar.
I just want a piece of wood to make music and not jewels or support expensive brands.
If it's in tune and I like its lookings, I buy it but never more than 500 dollars.
In the end it's just a piece of wood with magnets.
With 2700 you could do that, and then it'd be done, and you wouldn't have it anymore.

On the other hand, I would have a tool that would last a lifetime, and outperform every other tool I had ever owned.

500 gets you a decent guitar. It doesn't buy a top class instrument.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
With 2700 you could do that, and then it'd be done, and you wouldn't have it anymore.

On the other hand, I would have a tool that would last a lifetime, and outperform every other tool I had ever owned.

500 gets you a decent guitar. It doesn't buy a top class instrument.
I wouldn't have it anymore?
Experiences are the best things in life and not things.Things come and go, experiences and what you learned/enjoyed stay with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
No, that guitar still would be just a guitar which you payed too much.
Top class instrument?
For what?
I mean where's your music?
I don't need a top class instrument(real name is overpriced), I need an in tune instrument, nothing more.
Take 2 ibanez guitars(one 20.000 dollars and a 500 dollars one), put the same pups on both and plug into the same amp = NOBODY in the world could tell which one is 20.000 dollars.
I prefer diving in Caribbean
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 07:19 PM

There is one about Godin guitars as well. Very interesting, not so much because they're high end guitars but because there were a number of considerations that went into the body that I don't see most people taking into account when doing their own work.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takin' a Ride View Post
There is one about Godin guitars as well. Very interesting, not so much because they're high end guitars but because there were a number of considerations that went into the body that I don't see most people taking into account when doing their own work.
I think I saw it some time ago but as I don't like godin lookings, it wasn't interesting to me
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 07:49 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't have it anymore?
Experiences are the best things in life and not things.Things come and go, experiences and what you learned/enjoyed stay with you.

No, that guitar still would be just a guitar which you payed too much.
Top class instrument?
For what?
I mean where's your music?
I don't need a top class instrument(real name is overpriced), I need an in tune instrument, nothing more.
Take 2 ibanez guitars(one 20.000 dollars and a 500 dollars one), put the same pups on both and plug into the same amp = NOBODY in the world could tell which one is 20.000 dollars.
I prefer diving in Caribbean
I agree. But if you compared a 500 RG in black to a 2k RG in black, I bet every guitar player on earth could tell you which felt better.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 07:50 PM

Reviews: 11

The hosts cluelessness amuses me

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode