How it's made - Gibson guitar - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brazil
Posts: 5,010
Reviews: 64
How it's made - Gibson guitar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkyXEmmFT2U
6fingers is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 10:28 AM
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Cleethorpes, England
Posts: 636
Reviews: 13
Re: How it's made - Gibson guitar

saw this the other night, alot of work goes into them!
RyansJem is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brazil
Posts: 5,010
Reviews: 64
Re: How it's made - Gibson guitar

Yeah and those "flying" guitars looked cool!
What about a How it's made Ibanez/ESP etc?
I found nothing, only Gibson.
We need other brands factories revealed
6fingers is offline  
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 04:45 PM
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Cleethorpes, England
Posts: 636
Reviews: 13
Re: How it's made - Gibson guitar

That would be awesome! Ive seen a marshall how its made before but thats only other decent branded gear ive seen.
RyansJem is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 05:29 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Posts: 2,646
Re: How it's made - Gibson guitar

Ive seen this 3 times but I totally watched it all again
GUITARMAGEDDON is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 05:36 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Athens GA
Posts: 941
Re: How it's made - Gibson guitar

Lots of machine operators, not too many craftsman, maybe one luthier in the whole building. Sad stuff.
musikron is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brazil
Posts: 5,010
Reviews: 64
Re: How it's made - Gibson guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by musikron View Post
Lots of machine operators, not too many craftsman, maybe one luthier in the whole building. Sad stuff.
Sad is people without food.
Sad is every year, millions of animals being tortured and killed because of our selfish tongues.
Soon we'll be 10 billion, I don't think luthiers could make intruments to all musicians, they certainly can't now.
Plus machines don't make mistakes, 1 luthier program them and they can make hundred guitars per day.
If you want a special instrument, look for a luthier and open your pockets cause it won't be cheap.
That's modern civilization.
6fingers is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 06:08 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 1,641
Re: How it's made - Gibson guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fingers View Post
Sad is people without food.
Sad is every year, millions of animals being tortured and killed because of our selfish tongues.
Soon we'll be 10 billion, I don't think luthiers could make intruments to all musicians, they certainly can't now.
Plus machines don't make mistakes, 1 luthier program them and they can make hundred guitars per day.
If you want a special instrument, look for a luthier and open your pockets cause it won't be cheap.
That's modern civilization.
Or buy a gibson, because plenty of Gibsons cost well in excess of custom made stuff. Crimson Guitars springs to mind, he quoted me 2700~ for what I wanted.

Or Rick Toone, who occupies a dimension of luthiery so rareified and bizarre that it barely resembles normal guitar building, and his instruments start around $8000, which is still less than many Gibsons.
GuitarBizarre is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brazil
Posts: 5,010
Reviews: 64
Re: How it's made - Gibson guitar

What?!
With 2700 I could travel to Caribbean and dive.................a lot!
I don't pay more than 500 dollars for a guitar.
I just want a piece of wood to make music and not jewels or support expensive brands.
If it's in tune and I like its lookings, I buy it but never more than 500 dollars.
In the end it's just a piece of wood with magnets.
6fingers is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 06:35 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 1,641
Re: How it's made - Gibson guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fingers View Post
What?!
With 2700 I could travel to Caribbean and dive.................a lot!
I don't pay more than 500 dollars for a guitar.
I just want a piece of wood to make music and not jewels or support expensive brands.
If it's in tune and I like its lookings, I buy it but never more than 500 dollars.
In the end it's just a piece of wood with magnets.
With 2700 you could do that, and then it'd be done, and you wouldn't have it anymore.

On the other hand, I would have a tool that would last a lifetime, and outperform every other tool I had ever owned.

500 gets you a decent guitar. It doesn't buy a top class instrument.
GuitarBizarre is offline  
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brazil
Posts: 5,010
Reviews: 64
Re: How it's made - Gibson guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
With 2700 you could do that, and then it'd be done, and you wouldn't have it anymore.

On the other hand, I would have a tool that would last a lifetime, and outperform every other tool I had ever owned.

500 gets you a decent guitar. It doesn't buy a top class instrument.
I wouldn't have it anymore?
Experiences are the best things in life and not things.Things come and go, experiences and what you learned/enjoyed stay with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
On the other hand, I would have a tool that would last a lifetime, and outperform every other tool I had ever owned.
No, that guitar still would be just a guitar which you payed too much.
Top class instrument?
For what?
I mean where's your music?
I don't need a top class instrument(real name is overpriced), I need an in tune instrument, nothing more.
Take 2 ibanez guitars(one 20.000 dollars and a 500 dollars one), put the same pups on both and plug into the same amp = NOBODY in the world could tell which one is 20.000 dollars.
I prefer diving in Caribbean
6fingers is offline  
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 07:19 PM
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 5,752
Re: How it's made - Gibson guitar

There is one about Godin guitars as well. Very interesting, not so much because they're high end guitars but because there were a number of considerations that went into the body that I don't see most people taking into account when doing their own work.
Takin' a Ride is offline  
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brazil
Posts: 5,010
Reviews: 64
Re: How it's made - Gibson guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takin' a Ride View Post
There is one about Godin guitars as well. Very interesting, not so much because they're high end guitars but because there were a number of considerations that went into the body that I don't see most people taking into account when doing their own work.
I think I saw it some time ago but as I don't like godin lookings, it wasn't interesting to me
6fingers is offline  
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 07:49 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 1,641
Re: How it's made - Gibson guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fingers View Post
I wouldn't have it anymore?
Experiences are the best things in life and not things.Things come and go, experiences and what you learned/enjoyed stay with you.



No, that guitar still would be just a guitar which you payed too much.
Top class instrument?
For what?
I mean where's your music?
I don't need a top class instrument(real name is overpriced), I need an in tune instrument, nothing more.
Take 2 ibanez guitars(one 20.000 dollars and a 500 dollars one), put the same pups on both and plug into the same amp = NOBODY in the world could tell which one is 20.000 dollars.
I prefer diving in Caribbean
I agree. But if you compared a 500 RG in black to a 2k RG in black, I bet every guitar player on earth could tell you which felt better.
GuitarBizarre is offline  
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 07:50 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Plainfield, Illinois
Posts: 2,810
Reviews: 11
Re: How it's made - Gibson guitar

The hosts cluelessness amuses me
D.M.RG7620 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gibson SG, Robbie Krieger Signature Model, 2010 (approx 600 made) JemSearcher Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear 3 02-09-2012 10:55 AM
2007 Gibson Les Paul Supreme Mint, Only 400 Made, OHSC. Perfect Mint Cond. LeMay Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear 3 03-06-2009 12:51 PM
Where is this guitar made? http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=RG3120F DotNetTim All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 6 06-15-2005 12:07 PM
suggestions for my to-be-made custom made 7 string guitar? ninelives1980 All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 7 05-06-2005 02:48 PM
Can you identify this guitar? - Un-known guitar, USA Made jerrye All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 8 04-03-2002 06:53 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome