How many PGM 800 BRS were made? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-11-2003, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

How many PGM 800 BRS were made?

PGM 800 BRS
PGM 500 CA

HOW MANY OUT THERE?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-11-2003, 04:17 PM

They're production models...your chances of finding actual numbers are about as good as with any model.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-11-2003, 07:23 PM
EKG

I've been trying to find numbers for a while now.....no luck
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-11-2003, 08:28 PM

I found a PGM800 BRS!!!

at Manny's Music in NYC.....899 dollars!!! There's some dings and scratches but it plays and sounds great. The neck felt really nice and ridiculously easy to play (I don't know if it's just me but the frets felt bigger than my RG3120....maybe it's just me)

I'm so bummed out now since I just bought a ****load of gear the past few weeks. I'm hoping that no one picks it up within the next few weeks cuz I need some time.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-11-2003, 11:22 PM

Quote:
I'm hoping that no one picks it up within the next few weeks cuz I need some time.

Good thing you didn't tell anyone where it was
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-12-2003, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

I found one for $1000, the condition is 8 out of 10.

Does the price fair?
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-12-2003, 04:06 PM

Last 2-3 years I've seen them being sold for between $800-$1400, from eBay to Ishibashi .. so looks like an ok price, but what's it worth to you ?
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-12-2003, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark DY
Quote:
I'm hoping that no one picks it up within the next few weeks cuz I need some time.

Good thing you didn't tell anyone where it was
crap....I thought I was the only one in this forum from NY who cared
don't even think about it! (kidding).

F*Rocker- I think a grand is fair price....esp. since more common PGM models could even go a little more than that.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-12-2003, 04:09 PM
Vendor

In the world of PGM's 800's are common
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-12-2003, 05:37 PM

Quote:
crap....I thought I was the only one in this forum from NY who cared
don't even think about it! (kidding).
Dude, I would never muscle in on your PGM! I wont be in NYC until September anyway. I've never even seen one in person - not my cup of coffee.

I just thought it was funny the way your post came out.
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-13-2003, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
In the world of PGM's 800's are common
....in Japan

Mark, I know...I know.... I'm a dumbass....hehe
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-14-2003, 03:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo de Dios
I found a PGM800 BRS!!!

at Manny's Music in NYC.....899 dollars!!! There's some dings and scratches but it plays and sounds great. The neck felt really nice and ridiculously easy to play (I don't know if it's just me but the frets felt bigger than my RG3120....maybe it's just me)

I'm so bummed out now since I just bought a ****load of gear the past few weeks. I'm hoping that no one picks it up within the next few weeks cuz I need some time.
Hi.
The one in Manny's Music.
What is the condition out of 10?
I am just wondering, because the price is great!
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-14-2003, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F*Rocker
This whole "out of 10" scale is incredibly subjective. I've seen 9.5's out of 10's that I'd have toruble calling an 8, and vice versa. For instance, I'd take a 7 from Rich over a 9 from most e-bay dealers, even ones that i didn't think were trying to screw people. And seriously, what's 1 out of 10? A charred pile of scrapwood with a few loose strings attached? Or just a few big gashes on the back of the guitar and heavy fretwear?

It's not an absolute scale. Ask for pics, not a numeric rating.

-D

EDIT- sorry for the rant, but this system just bugs me. It's a subjective (opinion) grading system masquerading as an objective (scientific, quantitative) one. If forced, I'd take the Mint/Near-mint/Excellent/Very Good/Good/Poor rating, because at least you know then that it's a statement of opinion, based on one person's obervation and past experience with used gutiars, rather than some sort of measurable degree of wear.
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-14-2003, 06:01 PM
Vendor

Truer words never spoken. The whole 1-10 thing is just screwed from inception. A guitar can be a 9 because it's got 1 flaw, that just happens to be a huge smash in the face. I avoid all that and go with the even more generic Mint, Exc., etc etc but qualify it by stating every flaw and more important, WHERE the flaws are. Something on the back or bottom are much easier to live with than something in the line of sight
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-14-2003, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F*Rocker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo de Dios
I found a PGM800 BRS!!!

Hi.

there's approximately three small dents on the front of the body, if I remember correctly. Not big.....but noticeable upclose.

act fast...cuz it seems that there are other people with their eye on it too

http://www.jemsite.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=24409

I've spent enough cash the past few weeks so I don't think i'll be able to get one

Tags
production model

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode