How much does it cost ? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Question How much does it cost ?

Hey !

IŽd just wonder if anyone knows how much a Ibanez RG7CST costs, I really love that guitar........I could kill to get one !!

And an other question, How does those Piezos work !? =S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 01:44 PM

Re: How much does it cost ?

oh man, i think eric sold his less then a month ago.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 02:58 PM

Eric's guitar was not a CST but a Prestige model which looks almost the same but is significantly different.

CST's are quite pricier than those models and even other 7-string J-Customs out there (like mine!) mainly because they are extremely rare and ARE J-Customs. I believe they sell for 2500 USD ca.

Not sure about the piezo thing, though.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006, 01:07 AM

ah, I didn't even really remember what his was forsure but the name sounded a little familar.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Okey, thanks !!
But the price wasn´t so bad at all, I thougt it would cost much more !!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 07:12 AM

Cool Re: How much does it cost ?

I think you're talking about MY new guitar, which is an RG7CT. Eric sold me one a month ago with a load of other bits and pieces. Haven't got it yet cos it's still in the states and I live in the UK, but Eric says it's a BEAUT! Only 24 made of the CT and the CST as well as I believe, but the only apparent differences I can make out are the piezo, the tortoise shell rear covers, the bubinga stripe in the neck, and the different headstock saying that mine's a Prestige and the CST is a J-Custom.

There's a link somewhere about the guitars quite probably being the same line, but with different logos as the parts are identical and it would make financial sense to produce 48 in one run as opposed to two lots of 24 independently. Apparently, there's a hell of a lot of overlapping between similar models where one is badged Prestige and one JC.

Conincidence?? Perhaps Zero can tell us...
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 07:17 AM

Found it.

Go to the VERY first post on the main page of this section and it goes on about the differences. This is from Glen the site administrator...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite
This has been discussed and essentially the J-Custom is what is sold domestically (in Japan). Ibanez then brands the same guitars (or ones tagged for export) as Prestige guitars.

IMHO this is smart salesmanship. First it caters to each audience. In the USA it's no stretch to say "J-Custom" would have a negative impact on these guitars as they hang in Guitar Center or another 'vintage oriented' guitar showroom. The concensus still is that the best guitars (boutique too) are 'American' made.

Along those lines, after having "USA Customs" do you really think "J-Customs" is a good selling point in the USA? I sure don't. Keep in mind the USRG30 was sold as a "Prestige" too, see it in the catalog in it's final year. Obvious transition that Ibanez kept, which is smart. Notice Ibanez is also tagging "prestige neck" on certain 2001 ibanez' to distinguish them as more upscale models.

Second the "J-Custom Vs "Prestige" creates hype and possibly sales from people like us who want something different and will pay more for that "J-custom" imported logo... glen
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 07:36 AM

Talking Re: How much does it cost ?

Sorry, and the neck on the CST is ebony, not rosewood. (seems the main difference is just the neck?!)
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 10:11 AM

and piezo
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 05:24 PM

I actually own a RG7CT as well(my only non J-Custom branded Ibanez) and from what I understand the difference between the RG7CT and the RG7CST is really the ebony fretboard, piezo and if I recall correctly, the RG7CST didn't have offset dot markers. Both have the same j-custom neck profile though(slightly assymetric). The RG7CT is essentially an RG8527/RG7-1-VV without the ugly white binding(if they came with flame maple binding I would sooo buy one).

I've never owned a RG7CST, but I did have a RG2127x(mahogany bodied version of the rg2027x that was available in Japan). The piezo's work pretty well, but it confused the $#!T outta me most of the time with the two output jacks and the mix modes. I ended up getting rid of it because it was just too damn confusing for me.

Tags
ebony fretboard , flame maple , flame maple binding , maple binding , prestige guitar , prestige guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode