How to pronounce "Ibanez" - Page 3 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 05:12 AM

Re: How to pronounce "Ibanez"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersPGM View Post
I wonder what the japanese pronounciation is?
anyone know?
Chances are, since they don't seem to like words that end in a consonant, it's probably:

E-ba-ne-zu

I say Eye-ba-nez, have for 20+ years, not gonna change now..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 07:37 AM

Ibanez pronounciation is 'I-ba-nez' (in spanish is simple and easy)...
'ee-ba-neth' (in english, i supose)...

Ibanez comes from a second name here in Spain = Ibez.
but '' is not a english letter so it changed by 'n'.

cheers

Last edited by DaniJem; 07-18-2010 at 07:43 AM.
post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 10:31 AM

Someone should ask this guy...

post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 04:16 PM

well the Japanese pronounciation is

アイバニーズ

which is much closer to the eye bah nez that someone quoted paul gilbert as saying earlier than the spanish

ah i bah ni - zu
post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 02:56 AM

Reviews: 12

LOL on the Movie Starship Troopers the girl with Ibanez as her last name was pronounced I-Ban-ezz with a emphasis on the N in Ban. I always thought and pronounced it as I-buh-nez the buh pronounced like bun without the n.
post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingDead View Post
I've always wondered where somebody's head is at when they make an account, thread dig through years of threads, pick one and necro bump the **** out of it.

Odd people out there...
Nobody "digs through years of threads."

"Odd people" (like me) do a specific search for something like, say, how to pronounce Ibanez. Some people don't notice the post dates. I don't see how the OP date invalidates someone's opinion anyway. I think you just wanted to type "necro bump" to amuse yourself.

This thread was very helpful. I suspected the correct pronunciation to be "ee-BAHN-yeth" despite Americans saying "EYE-buh-nez".
post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 12:33 AM

Reviews: 12

I did not notice the years between the 2 posts but I am very glad that somone decided to bump it up. I had thought about the pronounciation for quite a while after hearing last names spelled the same but prounounced differently.
Besides I have been scolded many times for asking a question and not searching for a thread on the topic already. I believe complaining about somone bumping a thread is rediculous. I bet the same people who like to complain about thread bumps are the very same people that complain when somone asks a question without searching.
I wonder where some people's heads are at when all they like to do is contradict themselves and complain about everything.
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 01:38 AM

Mmm... I think is i-ba-nEz... xD
post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudler_t View Post
I did not notice the years between the 2 posts but I am very glad that somone decided to bump it up. I had thought about the pronounciation for quite a while after hearing last names spelled the same but prounounced differently.
Besides I have been scolded many times for asking a question and not searching for a thread on the topic already. I believe complaining about somone bumping a thread is rediculous. I bet the same people who like to complain about thread bumps are the very same people that complain when somone asks a question without searching.
I wonder where some people's heads are at when all they like to do is contradict themselves and complain about everything.
Jesus effing Christ, I'm not complaining. It's just odd to see a 7-year-old thread bumped with info that's already been discussed. It just makes you wonder. And where exactly did I contradict myself?

Oh and "necro bump". Fucking love saying that.
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 01:27 PM

Reviews: 5

EYE-buh-nez

how I've said it for nearly 23 yrs
post #41 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudler_t View Post
Im not saying asking questions is wrong, but when the same question is asked nearly a hundred times in a forum, it gets old to some forum vets. Its come off as the poster is too lazy to do a little research before asking others to do it for them. However thats not always the case, and many times people just dont even know the search button exists here.
post #42 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 06:06 PM

Isn't it Jackson ?haha Iebaness i gues!!!!

Tags
hoshino gakki , paul gilbert , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode