This is how RG2550EGK should have looked like from the factory - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 07:17 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
This is how RG2550EGK should have looked like from the factory

I finally replaced the pickguard with a jeannie made black mirror. It looks so much better, at least for me. Has the cool-factor and matches cosmo black better than the original purple-ish mirror.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 08:40 AM

Reviews: 19
Re: This is how RG2550EGK should have looked like from the factory

Nice.
Happy NPGD!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 07:25 PM

Nice one, looks cool. What DiMarzio's did you put in it, D Sonic (by the looks of things) single coil?? Neck Pickup???
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

tnx!
those are crunch lab, evo single and liquifire
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 09:09 PM

I also have a black mirror pg from Jeannie...mines cut for HH though. I never used it because I decided the B/W/B looked better on my Galaxy White RG2550Z. The black mirror looks better with the Galaxy Black though.

BTW, how do you like your new pickups?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 09:31 PM

Reviews: 11

oh it is nice!

grats mate =D
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 05:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones43x View Post
BTW, how do you like your new pickups?
they aren't really new, I replaced those last year, so I had plenty of time to form an opinion that's not based on initial euphoria

Crunch Lab is very hi-fi-ish sounding. Wide and flat response with slightly scooped mids. Never too bright, never muddy. It doesn't sound as hot as it really is (My tonezone is a bit weaker on paper but kinda has more treble, much more mids and insanely more bass). Liquifire is warm enough to sing for leads, but never too muddy, more focused in the midrange zone. Also cleans up well, since it's not that hot. Some people find them boring and lacking character, but they are right up my alley. I put vai single coil in just because I had one left from the set I bought for my father's customer and I wanted to replace the stock pickup. It's a very strat sounding pickup, bright and lower output. The stock one was hotter and warmer.

Tags
mirror , pickguard , rg2550

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode