How to tell what Tokai model??? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
How to tell what Tokai model???

Hi guys!

I am selling my Tokai Les paul to try and save for a Chapman ML2, althought Im not sure what the serial codes mean and I can't find a website where I could identify it.

It was around £300-£350 new from my local shop, and have barely played it for 8 months (October) So I thought I'd sell it!

Could anyone help?

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

Re: How to tell what Tokai model???

There's a guy on the "Gear Page" forums who's a distributer for Tokai, (South Africa I think) it might be that you could head over there and ask.

My best recommendation though would be to simply pop back to your local shop and ask them if they have the sale records for it. Was it new, was it second hand, what info do they have on it. If it was new, they might easily be able to pin it down for you.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
There's a guy on the "Gear Page" forums who's a distributer for Tokai, (South Africa I think) it might be that you could head over there and ask.

My best recommendation though would be to simply pop back to your local shop and ask them if they have the sale records for it. Was it new, was it second hand, what info do they have on it. If it was new, they might easily be able to pin it down for you.
Thanks alot buddy I'll check him out, and Yeah I have done that to no avail, it was new but he didn't have any records for it.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 05:04 PM

At that price it's probably a 48, the LS are Les Paul standards and the LC are Les Paul customs, so Love Rock LS48.
Maple cap would make it a premium.
If it's quilted then LS50Q.
If it's a custom then I think they start at £400 so it could have been a LC53 and a good deal!
Jim
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vim Fuego View Post
At that price it's probably a 48, the LS are Les Paul standards and the LC are Les Paul customs, so Love Rock LS48.
Maple cap would make it a premium.
If it's quilted then LS50Q.
If it's a custom then I think they start at £400 so it could have been a LC53 and a good deal!
Jim
Wow thanks alot mate! very useful, it is only a slight quilt so I'm guessing the LS48 it does has a quilted maple cap :S

It also has chrome hardware, and a white pickup selector knob if that makes any difference
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 06:05 PM

Like this then:
http://www.tokai-guitars.co.uk/index...mart&Itemid=31
Available flame or quilt.
Jim
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vim Fuego View Post
Like this then:
http://www.tokai-guitars.co.uk/index...mart&Itemid=31
Available flame or quilt.
Jim
Hmm it isnt that flamed, its like a flame but with a quilt, its weird, and The mood looks like a real mahogony body

Tags
code , les paul , tokai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode