How/Where can I get a Custom made Ibanez RG ?? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

How/Where can I get a Custom made Ibanez RG ??

I've been playing Ibanez for 8 years now and still love my RG350 after putting a DiMarzio Super Distortion and Air Norton in it.
Last year I bought a black 1997 RG 550 and had all the hardware replaced with gold/brass (video on my YouTube "Guitarist6494")

Anyway, I've never been a fan of the basswood Ibanez uses.
It's always intrigued me making a custom RG with all mahogany body, neck through, 2 Humbuckers (no middle single coil) with DiMarzio Super Distortion, Floyd Rose Original (if possible), and a thicker neck as appose to the traditional thin Ibanez necks.

I know this may fit under the category of the RGT but I want a thicker neck.

If anyone knows how/where you can get a custom made Ibanez, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
-Alex

(NEW MEMBER - Sorry if this is in the wrong thread/section)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 08:42 AM

Re: How/Where can I get a Custom made Ibanez RG ??

Not neck through, but if you can find an RGR580, you'll get most of what you want. Mahogany body, HSH, Bolt on neck with the AANJ. There aren't a whole lot of them out there as they were a Japanese domestic model from 97-02, but if you can find one from 00-02, you'll get the MIJ wizard II neck, and that is thicker than a standard wizard neck, even from that period.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 08:43 AM

Also, why would you even bother with an OFR when you can get an Edge or Lo pro, which are vastly superior designs?
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, I?ve never even heard of that model untill now.

It looks good it seems to only be available with a maple fretboard?

Also your right about the Edge design, I just prefer the feel of a real Floyd. The bar feels more solid to me, and I like nether greater angle of the Bar (being fussy I know lol)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 11:25 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarist64 View Post
If anyone knows how/where you can get a custom made Ibanez, any help would be appreciated.
Ibanez does not offer custom shop or custom made services.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarist64 View Post
Thanks, I?ve never even heard of that model untill now.

It looks good it seems to only be available with a maple fretboard?

Also your right about the Edge design, I just prefer the feel of a real Floyd. The bar feels more solid to me, and I like nether greater angle of the Bar (being fussy I know lol)
It only has a maple board, which means if you can find one on Ishibashi or some place that ships overseas, you can get it. I would have recommended the RG580 (same model but with a rosewood board and no reverse headstock), but because of the rosewood, it cant get shipped out of Japan (no shops over here want to bother with CITES, so you're screwed on that front). I have 2 RGR580s and they are KILLER guitars.

Tags
aftermarket , custom , ibanez , ibanez rg , rgt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode