How's the RG 450DX? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 3
How's the RG 450DX?

Hi, I'm looking for an affordable upgrade from a beginner bullet strat. I've been playing for about 5 years now, and I think it's time to get something better. So I've been looking all over, I've heard that the RG series fits my style. I noticed they were decently priced, all had good reviews, and then I saw the 450DX for $400. I think it looks really cool, and it seems like a good guitar (I've played on 2 other RG's, and a couple of S series. Love the neck).

Could anyone tell me how they like it? Thanks all!

I'm open to other suggestions too, as long as they're around the price.

-A big reason as to why I'm a bit skeptical is this review here on Ultimate-Guitar. All the reviews in stores are 5 stars, but this is the turn off here...
Features: 9
Sound: 8
Action: 9
Reliability: 8
Impression: 9

Overall rating: 7.4
Reviewer rating: 8.6
Users rating: 6.2
Votes: 26
Slim Ace is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 04:04 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Posts: 2,646
Re: How's the RG 450DX?

IDK why Action is one of the factors. That's something that anyone can set as high or low as they want. Its like saying,," It has good volume" LOL, anyway, I think someone here just posted a NGD about a 450... or was it a 350? at any rate these are good guitars and definitely a step up from the bullet. I have had a 350DX and a 450 and loved them both.

oh and welcome aboard!

~GM
GUITARMAGEDDON is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 04:22 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: independence MO
Posts: 251
Re: How's the RG 450DX?

I just bought a 450m last month, great guitar for 400 dollars. Its not a prestige which is ibys top line stuff but they come with a decent trem now. Overall a good guitar and would be easely a big step up from the bullet, Just make shure your into trems before you decide what you want to get, for some people they dont like to hassle with them....I LOVE THEM!!
nathan80 is offline  
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 3
Re: How's the RG 450DX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan80 View Post
I just bought a 450m last month, great guitar for 400 dollars. Its not a prestige which is ibys top line stuff but they come with a decent trem now. Overall a good guitar and would be easely a big step up from the bullet, Just make shure your into trems before you decide what you want to get, for some people they dont like to hassle with them....I LOVE THEM!!
Thanks to both of you. I was going to get a 1570, but I'd have to get it in not that great of condition, and I'd have to pay like an extra $200.

This one has the locking tremolo, so I do think I'll like it. I'm going to order one tonight!
Slim Ace is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 06:36 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Posts: 5,174
Re: How's the RG 450DX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Ace View Post
Thanks to both of you. I was going to get a 1570, but I'd have to get it in not that great of condition, and I'd have to pay like an extra $200.

This one has the locking tremolo, so I do think I'll like it. I'm going to order one tonight!
personally, I'd look into last year's 350EX/DX. It has the zero point system, which the 450 doesn't and will only cost a little extra. It will save you on ALOT of heartache when you start changing your own strings and changing tunings/
MatiasTolkki is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 06:45 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Saint Charles
Posts: 116
Re: How's the RG 450DX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
personally, I'd look into last year's 350EX/DX. It has the zero point system, which the 450 doesn't and will only cost a little extra. It will save you on ALOT of heartache when you start changing your own strings and changing tunings/
Totally agree! I got a RG350 in April with the ZPS Edge II and it has surpassed all my expectations! For under $400, Sweetwater had only 2 left and I had to buy it. It plays just as well as my Prestige.

I can't recommend it enough - this is a really good guitar!
windycitycane is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 07:44 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Posts: 5,174
Re: How's the RG 450DX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by windycitycane View Post
Totally agree! I got a RG350 in April with the ZPS Edge II and it has surpassed all my expectations! For under $400, Sweetwater had only 2 left and I had to buy it. It plays just as well as my Prestige.

I can't recommend it enough - this is a really good guitar!
I dunno, my 2550 Galaxy white can really kick my 350s butt (especially because it's alot lighter than my 350), the difference is that my 350 has 3 evolution pups in it and soundwise can destroy my 2550 right now. They are basically the exact same guitar, but I do agree, the indo stuff isnt bad at all. I like my 350 a lot but since it's D tuning I dont have a lot of use for it right now (only D-tuned song I can play right now is live wire :/ )
MatiasTolkki is offline  
Reply

Tags
ibanez rg 450 dx

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
rg 350ex vs. jem jr vs. rg 450dx (I need help from Argentina!!) whammy boy All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 21 05-26-2007 11:52 AM
Ibanez RG 450dx and RX650 Both with h/case UK will ship overseas dannypuk Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear 7 07-30-2006 01:06 PM
what makes a 450dx grathan All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 4 01-12-2006 10:03 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome