howse this - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-19-2004, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

howse this

how'se the ltd m250fm,its for about 400$ neck thru ,emg hz's,korean floyd,neck and body binding and ofset block inlays.What do you guys think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-21-2004, 04:45 PM

it's korean, keep away i don't like any korean made guitar
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-21-2004, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wis Redz of Silvanost
it's korean, keep away i don't like any korean made guitar
That's a pretty ignorant response in my opinion.

There are some great korean made guitars out there. Play it. If you like it, buy it. That's all that matters.

Don't base it off what country it's made in.
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-21-2004, 04:57 PM

Very true. If you like it, buy it. Thats the main thing that matters. After all, its really only you that will be playing it anyway. At the end of the day, other people opinions dont really matter. They may aid your decision, but they should never make your decision!

Gary - The.Godfather
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-21-2004, 05:53 PM

geeez, guys you got it the wrong way around. i don't like them that's all. there may be some good ones but i have experimented such bad thing that i keep away from them
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-21-2004, 06:09 PM

I'll play just about anything. I got over my gear snobbery a long time ago. Cheap, funky, weird guitars can sometimes inspire with their offbeat sound or feel.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-21-2004, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wis Redz of Silvanost
geeez, guys you got it the wrong way around. i don't like them that's all. there may be some good ones but i have experimented such bad thing that i keep away from them
Then you're missing out on a lot of great guitars. There's nothing wrong with Korean made guitars, you've just hit a few bad ones.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-21-2004, 06:21 PM

yeap.. even the cheap ones can sometimes sound shockingly excellent
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-21-2004, 06:23 PM

I've got US, Japanese guitars etc, but my ESP LTD H-1000 delux is probably the best sounding of the lot, and it is Korean.

Time was that the world looked down on Japanese guitars, now we have Jemsite!
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-21-2004, 06:24 PM

well i'm not a very lucky person then heck, i was convinced that i was one of the luckiest persons in the world to own a jem
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-21-2004, 06:48 PM
dex

$400 is decent price for a brand new LTD guitar but if it's second hand - it's not a great deal.
Best thing is to play it and if you like it just go for it.
Other options at $400 might be a Jackson DK2 or Ibanez RG320.
Try a few guitars and buy the one you like because you'll be the one playing it.

ilia
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex
$400 is decent price for a brand new LTD guitar but if it's second hand - it's not a great deal.

ilia
That very much depends on the model. Some LTDs have a rrp of well over £1k. $400 for a pristine second hand higher end model could be a fantastic deal.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 10:26 AM

I don't think a 200-series LTD should be selling for $400 second-hand. I'm assuming we're talking US Dollars here. (Which country are you in, nableem?)

From a quick browse at MF, 200-series LTDs go for around USD$400 brand new, so i think $400 for a used one is a little much, even if it's in perfect condition. That said, i was quite surprised at the range of models in the LTD line under $300... It looks like there are some great deals to be had!
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 10:46 AM

As a range, LTDs seem to cover an incredibly large price range. I think the flack they get is from people who have snobbery over the country of origin, or who don't appreciate how large the range is and assume they are all very low end.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 11:26 AM
dex

Or who have owned 2 ESP guitars (1991 ESP MI Deluxe and 1992 MII Deluxe) for the past 13 years and know that there is a difference between ESP and LTD.
Epiphone, Cort, Samick, Squire, Hamer, Yamaha, Ibanez and even Fender Mexico make very good guitars that are in genereal better value than LTD.
Not so much snobbery as it is rationality because let's face it, not many people will pay Honda money for a Hyundai.

ilia

Tags
block inlays , brian calvert , dimarzio super distortion , duncan pickups , floyd rose , neck thru , string tree , string trees , super distortion , super strat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode