HSH rg prestige, will a HH pickguard fit? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-26-2012, 08:24 AM Thread Starter

HSH rg prestige, will a HH pickguard fit?

Hi, i have an RG1570 prestige. it has a pickguard on it, i want to ditch the single coil, i was wondering if an RG twin humbucker pickguard will fit?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-26-2012, 09:33 PM

Re: HSH rg prestige, will a HH pickguard fit?

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 04:19 AM
Banned

Reviews: 98

It depends on the models. Not all RG pickguards are interchangeable. There's usually misaligned screw holes, etc. Then there's the neck pocket--some are curved and others straight.
Your best bet is to get a custom made guard. Try Pickguards Paradise, Pickguards Heaven or Greasy Groove. They usually require that you send in a tracing of your guard, but you'll get one that lines up perfectly.
I can personally vouch for Pickguard Heaven and Greasy Groove. Greasy Groove made my RG550 Space Invaders guard--look around the forum and you'll see it.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 07:26 AM

I didn't bother with a new pickguard myself. I wired my RG550 like an RG520 using a superswitch. Just left the single coil in there unwired.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 09:11 AM Thread Starter

hmm, well my rg1570 didnt come with a pickguard, i bought a jem pickguard and had to drill my own holes but everything lined up perfectly. Have had a few different pickguards on there and they all fit well. I have always bought ones that are advertised for RG550/JEM

but now that you mention it i dont know of any new ibanez prestiges with a HH setup and pickguards so might be a bit hard trying to track one down. Might just keep it HSH

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode