I got the JCustom blues - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 08:47 PM

Re: I got the JCustom blues

Wow. That is crazy. It is a beautiful top and an awesome guitar. The economy has really put things to bed with the market.

It's a beauty but I guess you have other things that suit you more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

So, for the second time, the JCustom barely cracked 1500. Ah well...
post #18 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 09:46 PM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Secret View Post
So, for the second time, the JCustom barely cracked 1500. Ah well...
Sorry Man...... there's a LOT of us that would normally give you your asking price (or at least close to it) in a normal economy, but things as they are, money is VERY tight and I know I'm not the only one worried about future employment. Just keep trying... someone will come along that is willing to pay a fair price!!! Best of luck Man!!!
post #19 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 09:50 PM

$1500 is still pretty unreasonable for that thing.

It's a bad market. Don't entertain lowballers that are out to capitalize.
post #20 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

Really bad market I guess. 765 proto barely broke 800 and the 540PII stopped at 780. Guess my reserves were too high. Really thought those two could get a grand each easy.
post #21 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 10:39 PM

Reviews: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxadam View Post
$1500 is still pretty unreasonable for that thing.
+1. Especially considering what other way lower grade and mass produced stuff goes for $1.5k at retailers.
post #22 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 11:27 PM

Ibanez still has a perception / marketing problem. This JC could blow away every Les Paul Standard ever made and people still aren't going to give it any respect. They don't know what it is.

Gorgeous guitar, by the way. I'm bummed for ya, for whatever that's worth.

Peace

Mike
post #23 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 07:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikey Mikey View Post
Ibanez still has a perception / marketing problem. This JC could blow away every Les Paul Standard ever made and people still aren't going to give it any respect. They don't know what it is.

Gorgeous guitar, by the way. I'm bummed for ya, for whatever that's worth.

Peace

Mike
Yeah, it may be marketing and the market, apparently. I may have to just put them back up here and see what happens. Least then I know they'll potentially go to real Ibanez players.
Just going to have to lower the prices, I guess. Sad day when someone can't get $1000 for a 540PII.

By the way, the guy offering $1000 on the J was a dealer of some sort. He apparently was unaware that I'm not an idiot.
post #24 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 08:28 AM

PM sent.
post #25 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 09:48 AM

You will have a hard time getting any real money for a J.Custom in the US. The problem is that very few people here know what it is, so you get a pretty small amount of interest. Signature models and particularly Jems will always fetch a premium, even though you may want to argue that a Jem is an inferior guitar to a J.Custom. $1500 is actually not that bad from what I've seen.
post #26 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takin' a Ride View Post
$1500 is actually not that bad from what I've seen.
Not for that. There are J Customs, and then there are J Customs. This one happens to fall into the second category (you like the categorical descriptors on that one!).

Something with a vine inlay and a top like that will definitely fetch considerably more.
post #27 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

Seems I have no choice in the matter but to keep it for now unless try to use it for a trade again. I had 3 offers of trade but nothing I really was looking for tho the offers were appreciated.

I don't know about sig models fetching a premium. I had a hard as hell time moving PGM's (maybe people were waiting for the never coming retail Fireman). Looks like I'm holding onto the PGM200 as well.

Just gonna have to make stuff priced to sell to move them. May be a buyer's market but plenty of people on the 'bay still think it's a seller's market and have the prices to prove it.
post #28 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 02:59 PM

It's a weird world. I was once offered (by a dealership) £150 ($247) for an original, immaculate Floral Jem in a trade. Needless to say I told them where to go and sold it for roughly 8 times that to a dealer who actually knew what it was!
Note: Most guitar shops only seem to know Gibson and Fender in the UK, with Ibanez a very distant third. Don't know why, every Gibbo and Fender I've owned has turned out to be godawful, with only Paul Reed Smith getting anywhere near my Ibanez guitars.
Gorgeous J-Custom btw.
post #29 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 03:51 PM

Reviews: 2

Just a though, but have you tried a consignment auction??? there has to be some High-quality auction houses in your area........ A high-end auction house will allow a reserve, and do all the advertising for you......... but they get a cut of the sale.
post #30 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
Just a though, but have you tried a consignment auction??? there has to be some High-quality auction houses in your area........ A high-end auction house will allow a reserve, and do all the advertising for you......... but they get a cut of the sale.
I just put it up here at Jemsite again. Maybe one day someone will take it or have something I want for trade.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode