I got the JCustom blues - Page 6 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011, 11:28 PM

Re: I got the JCustom blues

Quote:
You can call it being sore but really, it's not. Ibanez obviously has fallen out of favor with the public (which sucks when I now have 13 Ibanez guitars up on ebay). Least they're not ones you see all the time so maybe I'll do ok. That sparkle guy always had JCustoms and if people wanna pay more for a 2010 model with a Edge Zero on it instead of a 2006 model with an Edge Pro for less money, they apparently are not wise in purchasing high end Ibanez.
I really don't thing this is the case at all. I sold one of my other J Customs with an edge zero last month on the bay for exactly $2150 + shipping. I paid $1999 for it from the famous source.

To me it sounds like Ibanez guitars are out of your favour and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that at all. People change their preferences. I've had Ibanez guitars since around 1984 and I still keep using them. I took some time outs from them and moved to Fender and then PRS stuff, many regular Ernie ball guitars and a couple of the Ernie Ball BFR guitars....but in essence, my three J Customs and my newest Apex are all great guitars and I'm very happy with them. Funny how I came back full circle to what I really like. The other thing is that the economy in the US isn't helping matters.

Hope you can at least get a bit better value for that guitar. It's a beauty and if the timing was better I would have given you a much better offer on it.

Last edited by PBGas; 05-08-2011 at 11:49 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Secret View Post
That would be fine but he wanted next day air on my dime and I don't see where that's my responsibility especially when the auction ended much less that $2500. Even then I would have just sent it the next level up from ground, not even next day air. If he pays next day air, all well and good but he's a loon if he thinks I'm paying that. Doesn't matter, I filed the non paying bidder credit already.
I didn't follow your auction, but this guy just sounds crazy. Who wants a 20+ lb, oversized package shipped to them next day air? Particularly when they live on an island in the middle of the ocean?

Oh well, hang on to it for a bit, I'm sure you'll eventually get a decent price for it.
post #78 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 05:13 AM

This is a great site. First post here. I like those J Customs they made in 1997. Especially RG GEAR and RG ARCH. works of art.
post #79 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

My fave comment so far by someone on the 'bay...

"Q: DUDE,REALLY? IF YOU ARE DUMPING ALL YOUR IBANEZ COLLECTOR GUITARS,THE END IN 2012 IS FOR REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
post #80 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 10:36 AM

I think its just a matter of time before ibanez gets really popular again. I would really like that guitar in blue
post #81 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 12:55 PM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Secret View Post
My fave comment so far by someone on the 'bay...

"Q: DUDE,REALLY? IF YOU ARE DUMPING ALL YOUR IBANEZ COLLECTOR GUITARS,THE END IN 2012 IS FOR REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
LMAO!!!!! God I hope the guys not RIGHT!!!!!!
post #82 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 01:35 PM

Haven't you heard that Judgement Day is coming on the 21st?

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/01/03/...-of-the-world/

Some of these guys were demonstrating in DC last week. The good news is that May 21st is the first day of a week long vacation at a beach house with a bunch of friends for me. So I'll definitely be stinking drunk when the Rapture happens!
post #83 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

No, the world cannot end until I have my Carvins. I have 4 custom orders right now.
post #84 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJLipton View Post
I think its just a matter of time before ibanez gets really popular again. I would really like that guitar in blue
<shakes a aerosol can of blue paint CHIK-CHIK-CHIK-CHIK-CHIK-CHIK-CHIK>

Blue, you say?
post #85 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

The blues, they are over. A fine trade with fellow Jemsiter Mass Hysteria. Thread can be locked. Or not. Either or. LOL
post #86 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011, 11:47 AM

Reviews: 5

damn....that's one of the NICEST J-Customs I have ever seen
post #87 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 03:55 PM

Amazing! I'm jealous

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode