I hate fender guitar shaped guitars... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 01:47 AM Thread Starter
Banned

I hate fender guitar shaped guitars...

does anyone feel the same??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 01:52 AM

Re: I hate fender guitar shaped guitars...

do you mean strat shapes?
post #3 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 02:18 AM

Reviews: 2

Well, I hate fender style shape of a strat. I kinda love the Ibanez super strat shape, or MMEB shape of strat but totally hate Fender style sape of the headstock and body. I think they're ugly.

Other people love tose things to death so that doesn't make a difference.
post #4 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 02:41 AM

To me, the stratshape is very classy. I love the Stratocaster bodies. Telecaster not so much.

The Ibanez RG models are for me the best looking models.
post #5 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 03:15 AM

Reviews: 24

Some people love them and some people dont. It comes down to a personal preference. A guitar shouldnt be based off its looks but rather on its performance! Thats the whole purpose, your trying to "WoW" your audience with a stunning performance! When you play your guitar you dont even bother to notice its headstock, shape or features your more focused on executing precise, awesome tones! When your jamming out your not thinking "Oh, my headstock is damn near sexy" what your supposed to be thinking is "Damn, this tune sounds F*cken awesome, time to perfect it"
When you take a step back and examine you do notice the headstock is a little funky, the body seems overly large and uncomfortable and the prices these guitars are set at are rediculous! You would expect these things to arrive "Flawless" but they dont. Fenders are notorious for having horrible setups, IMO! The necks arent always straight, the action sucks dingleberries and the frets are never leveled, ever!
I have a personal luthier(this guy used to build guitars for Keith Richards back in the day) he would tell me the same exact thing. He would go on to talk about how horrible fenders are, how cheaply set up they are..yada yada. I would bring in ESP guitars costing a fraction of the price and he would be amazed how great the construction was on the guitar. At times he would tell me he never had to touch the ESP because hardly any work would be needed(this is how the Fender talk got brought up) I am not trying bash on the Fender company, im just simply listing its flaws i've encountered and trying to say these guitars are not worth the price listed!

Last edited by Weezel; 02-03-2010 at 09:59 AM.
post #6 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 03:35 AM

Reviews: 5

I see the strat as a classic. Love it or hate it, it's iconic. It can be done classy or it can be boring. Personally, I'm not really a big fan of the old tobacco sunburst, but so many people are.
post #7 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 03:40 AM

Gibson bashing seems to have run it's course for now, time to switch to Fender....

Rock on!
post #8 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 08:13 AM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marijuana_kills View Post
does anyone feel the same??
Sooooo.what's your point?
post #9 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 08:15 AM

Go play in traffic.
post #10 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 08:15 AM

No, I love Strat shaped guitars, especially those Charvel ones.Yum!
post #11 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezel View Post
Some people love them and some people dont. It comes down to a personal preference. A guitar shouldnt be based off its looks but rather on its performance!
But it's not simple. We are more likely to play guitars that we find pleasing to the eye, assuming all else is equality (playability, tone, etc.)

Quote:
the prices these guitars are set at are rediculous!
...and the same could be said for Ibanezes as well.

Quote:
You would expect these things to arrive "Flawless" but they dont.
Very few guitars are flawless regardless of the price. Just ask Rich (Ibanez Rules) about some fo the messes he's had to clean up.

Quote:
Fenders are notorious for having horrible setups !The necks arent always straight, the action sucks dingleberries and the frets are never leveled, ever!
Really? I sold 1000s of guitars when I worked in the biz and Fender's factory set-ups were not better or worse (on average) than any other manufacturer on similarly priced instruments.

Quote:
by no means am I bashing on the Fender company
Oh really? Everything in your posts preceding that statement seems to contradict that.

In closing, I have one word for you - paragraphs.
post #12 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 08:26 AM

Reviews: 4

post #13 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 08:32 AM

Yes, I hate Fender shapes. Look at this Fender ->

A Fender Katana. What were they thinking???

What? Strat shapes? oh, Strats shape are cool.
post #14 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 08:37 AM

Although other shapes like Ibanez etc are my favourites, if I were to get a Fender it would be a Telecaster.
post #15 of 112 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 08:37 AM

Reviews: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by toneboy View Post
...and the same could be said for Ibanezes as well.

Yes, I agree...I believe Ibanez guitars are some of the most over rated guitars out there. You have to spend $900+ to get a decent Ibanez.

Quote:
Really? I sold 1000s of guitars when I worked in the biz and Fender's factory set-ups were not better or worse (on average) than any other manufacturer on similarly priced instruments
Like I mentioned above, there isnt one time where i've slid my i'd across the neck without it rocking against the frets, maybe i've just been unlucky with fenders :/

Quote:
Oh really? Everything in your posts preceding that statement seems to contradict that.

In closing, I have one word for you - paragraphs.
I was just simply pointing out its flaws i've encountered as I do with all guitars and If I were to use paragraphs, then it would of looked as if I wrote an essay of some sort that would of taken up half the page
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode