I joined "Club Prestige" - RG2570 VSL :D - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-31-2014, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Cool I joined "Club Prestige" - RG2570 VSL :D

Hi guys

I'm so pleased to announce that I recently bought a shiny new RG2570E VSL Prestige!!! I'm so thrilled about it! What an amazing guitar The build quality, action, feel, finish and souuuuund... WOW! That's Team J. Craft right there I always wanted a Prestige but never knew I'd get one this year and not for the good price I got it at

I love playing anything on it but I especially love soloing - it's built for that!

Check it out:

http://instagram.com/p/rrxbTAoHPf/

http://instagram.com/p/r-76ZuIHBN/

What do you all think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-31-2014, 10:58 AM

Reviews: 21
Re: I joined "Club Prestige" - RG2570 VSL :D

Pretty slick! Awesome guitar!
Nice!
post #3 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-31-2014, 11:16 AM

Happy NGD!

I've seen those around here used a couple times, real lookers. I love the shiny sharktooth inlays
post #4 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-31-2014, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
Pretty slick! Awesome guitar!
Nice!
Thanks man! It's so great
post #5 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-31-2014, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
Happy NGD!

I've seen those around here used a couple times, real lookers. I love the shiny sharktooth inlays
Thanks Mattias! Real looker and a real player too - very well made
I always wanted those sharktooth inlays - after getting the guitar I realised they're reflective so under stage lights they shine (any light really)
post #6 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-31-2014, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

I have an RG470FM limited edition made in 2003 in Japan and that is a great guitar - it came stock with the V7/S1/V8 pups but I changed out the V8 for a Dimarzio D Activator X and it's even better now. Just waiting for the Illuminator neck I ordered to arrive

This 2570 is even better than the 470. I see why they call it Prestige - those 9 extra finishing touches they put on the neck and fretboard really make a difference
post #7 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-31-2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolanTHUNDER View Post
I have an RG470FM limited edition made in 2003 in Japan and that is a great guitar - it came stock with the V7/S1/V8 pups but I changed out the V8 for a Dimarzio D Activator X and it's even better now. Just waiting for the Illuminator neck I ordered to arrive

This 2570 is even better than the 470. I see why they call it Prestige - those 9 extra finishing touches they put on the neck and fretboard really make a difference
I have 2 prestiges (1550, 2550), 2 golden era (550, 560) and a model only released in Japan (RG685). Every one of them is amazing in their own ways, but besides my Carvin, the one I play the most is my 2550. Just feels so amazing
post #8 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-01-2014, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I have 2 prestiges (1550, 2550), 2 golden era (550, 560) and a model only released in Japan (RG685). Every one of them is amazing in their own ways, but besides my Carvin, the one I play the most is my 2550. Just feels so amazing
oooh - 2550! Very nice - we have very similar guitars my friend Dimarzio/IBZ custom pups right? They're so impressive... I read that the bridge pickup is a cross between the Super Distortion and a Steve Morse model

That 685 of yours is so rare - wow. What pickups did it come stock with?
post #9 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-01-2014, 11:05 AM

Quote:
oooh - 2550! Very nice - we have very similar guitars my friend Dimarzio/IBZ custom pups right? They're so impressive... I read that the bridge pickup is a cross between the Super Distortion and a Steve Morse model

That 685 of yours is so rare - wow. What pickups did it come stock with?
It came with the Ibanez made QM pups. they are pretty nice, supposedly they were Ibanez's attempt at making something similar to Dimarzio's Evolutions, but they don't really sound like that. Don't plan on changing them out, like my 685 as it is

My 2550 is Galaxy White. Everywhere you go that carries 2550s here, they only have galaxy black and most people buy the black one over the white one.

I changed the single coil on my 2550 to a Dimarzio blue Velvet. Yes, I know they are discontinued, but a local store here in Nagoya had an old one that was white and unopened for dirt cheap. I LOVE that pup Right now I have the stock Dimarzio IBZs in the neck and bridge, not sure if I'm going to take out the neck IBZ for my new IBZ/USA F4 or not, still deciding.
post #10 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-01-2014, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
It came with the Ibanez made QM pups. they are pretty nice, supposedly they were Ibanez's attempt at making something similar to Dimarzio's Evolutions, but they don't really sound like that. Don't plan on changing them out, like my 685 as it is

My 2550 is Galaxy White. Everywhere you go that carries 2550s here, they only have galaxy black and most people buy the black one over the white one.

I changed the single coil on my 2550 to a Dimarzio blue Velvet. Yes, I know they are discontinued, but a local store here in Nagoya had an old one that was white and unopened for dirt cheap. I LOVE that pup Right now I have the stock Dimarzio IBZs in the neck and bridge, not sure if I'm going to take out the neck IBZ for my new IBZ/USA F4 or not, still deciding.
Oh yes I heard about those QM pups when I researched your guitar online - one dude swopped out the bridge one for an X2-N!

I think RG's look great in white although black is my favourite colour. The special VSL finish on my 2570 is a thing of beauty - never seen that finish on another RG.

I say keep the Dimarzio/IBZ's They're well balanced and offer a lot of tonal possibilities. I find that with the single coil you can get an Eric Johnson-ish Strat type of tone and the neck or bridge is kind of a cross between Vai and Satriani's tone
If you do swop out the neck, would you consider an Air Norton over an IBZ/USA F4?

That Blue Velvet must sound really good - what style/s do you play?
post #11 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-01-2014, 06:10 PM

Reviews: 13

Quote:
What do you all think?
I think we need more pictures...
post #12 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-01-2014, 06:58 PM

Hey man, these are indeed lovely guitars. Just recently picked one up myself here in the UK.
I notice a couple of differences though which must be year of manufacture. Mine has ghost shark tooth inlays and there is no string guide behind the nut. Truss rod cover is different too.

Beautiful model though i must say, glad you are enjoying it. Post up some more pics!!
post #13 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-01-2014, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Oh yes I heard about those QM pups when I researched your guitar online - one dude swopped out the bridge one for an X2-N!

I think RG's look great in white although black is my favourite colour. The special VSL finish on my 2570 is a thing of beauty - never seen that finish on another RG.

I say keep the Dimarzio/IBZ's They're well balanced and offer a lot of tonal possibilities. I find that with the single coil you can get an Eric Johnson-ish Strat type of tone and the neck or bridge is kind of a cross between Vai and Satriani's tone
If you do swop out the neck, would you consider an Air Norton over an IBZ/USA F4?

That Blue Velvet must sound really good - what style/s do you play?
Oh I bought the 2550 because the IBZs sounded so nice (and the inlays are just gorgeous).

I play metal mostly, haven't really taken advantage of the BV yet though.

I'm not a fan of the air norton much. I like the F4 a lot more.

The VSL is one of my favorite colors Ibanez made. They don't make enough of those kinds of colors anymore. Even here in Japan, black and white is the norm with the occasional blue. Need more old school metallic colors
post #14 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-02-2014, 02:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachmaninoff View Post
I think we need more pictures...
Will upload more asap
post #15 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-02-2014, 02:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by socratys View Post
Hey man, these are indeed lovely guitars. Just recently picked one up myself here in the UK.
I notice a couple of differences though which must be year of manufacture. Mine has ghost shark tooth inlays and there is no string guide behind the nut. Truss rod cover is different too.

Beautiful model though i must say, glad you are enjoying it. Post up some more pics!!
Lovely guitars indeed Glad you have one too. You may have an '08 or '09 model if it has ghost inlays? Mine is a 2005 so it doesn't have the ZPS system but that's no biggie at all. I prefer the full on shark tooth inlays but the ghost style does look good too

Don't you just love the weight and feel of the neck? How about the custom pickups?

Copy that - more pics soon!

Tags
2570 , dimarzio / ibz pickups , ibanez rg2570e-vsl , prestige

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode