I miss my 350DX - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

I miss my 350DX

I haven't posted anything in a while so maybe this is just a venting session, but I digress . . . I have owned 3 JEM guitars and 1 RG, and sadly I no longer have any of them due to my undesirable $$$ situation, but out of the 4 Ibanez instruments I've owned, the one that I wish I still had the most was my RG350DX. I had the guitar setup, installed a tremsetter, put an evo in the neck, I THINK a yjm middle, and a D-sonic in the bridge. not too mention many mis-matched gold hardware parts. The guitar had a lot of character, it was thrown, kicked, stepped on, beer-showered, swung, launched (same as thrown?), but most of all . . . loved! I should never have gotten rid of that guitar, I constatly check area music stores and C****s L**t for it but I feel after at least 2 years it won't ever turn up. **Sigh** Anybody ever regret a trade/sale of an axe?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 11:52 AM

Smile Re: I miss my 350DX

Put up a wanted to buy on your craigslist for that guitar. Or buy another one and do the same stuff to it rebuild the mojo!! Thats why when you find stuff you really like you shouldn't sell it.Im sure there are a ton of regret sales I dont have any cause I dont sell my guitars. Good luck finding your lucky axe.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 11:53 AM

Re: I miss my 350DX

Yes i do! I know exactly how you feel.
I made two mistakes like that.

1. I sold a Teal 80s Les Paul for like $150 bucks back when i was a kid (13). And for the stupidest reason. No reason at all, just because i didnt have money. I ended up being a little fat kid and just bought pizza for days straight haha
I joke about it now but i wish i did get back, and i even saw it back in 07 at a local Sam Ash for $900. Huge mistake.

2. A BC Rich Mockingbird Spiro Light. Not the greatest guitar in the world but it was mine. Completely stock nothing special. But i got it from my parents as a Birthday gift. But me being a nice guy met this really nice kid who was a great guitar player but had been playing a Squier for 4 years and nothing else. So i traded him my BC for a POS set of mics and a POS PSP just to be nice. I found one recently but couldnt settle on it because it wasnt mine. So i bought a 1990 RG570 with a cracked neck for $100 and did my first neck job. And as a bonus, it was loaded with my favorite SD setup. Screamin Demon and a 59N. SO i guess it worked.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

I've been torn between trying to recreate the mojo, or just getting another 350DX and going a different route to see if i like it better. Maybe replacing the INF's with BREEDS or EVO 2's. Not sure, I still need to figure that out. But I definitely learned a lesson about holding onto everything. Or at least everything of importance.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHILLO View Post
I've been torn between trying to recreate the mojo, or just getting another 350DX and going a different route to see if i like it better. Maybe replacing the INF's with BREEDS or EVO 2's. Not sure, I still need to figure that out. But I definitely learned a lesson about holding onto everything. Or at least everything of importance.
i think those inf pick ups are rather decent.yes i know you can get better lots better,i do prefer inf pups to ibanez/dimarzio pups,thats just a personal preference of course,im not saying that they are better.i have a rg350 (yellow) and going to swap out the inf pups for air norton/tone zone.im starting to wonder why im doing it cos i was happy with the stock pups.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 12:17 PM

I would say give it another go with another 350DX.
I decided to go the Gibson route again and bought a SG special which for me is perfect, Its basically an SG standard with dot inlays. I dont like the Gibson trapezoids.

And im actually debating trading this one because im not into SGs. I like my RGs better. They get alot more playtime haha
But id totally trade for an EGEN8.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 01:07 PM

I can't relate to be honest. When it comes to selling guitars, if I have ANY doubts about selling it or missing it or any of that, it stays. That way you avoid this kinda feeling.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHILLO View Post
**Sigh** Anybody ever regret a trade/sale of an axe?
Only the forum's guitar players.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 08:30 AM

I had a really great used RG570 MIJ that I bought for $150 at a music store here in Vermont. The only thing wrong with it was that somehow for some weird reason the clearcoat lifted off the entire front of the guitar, as in one big air bubble. I took it home, stripped it, repainted it this awesome electric green color and clearcoated it. I had it for 2 years and it was the sweetest axe I have ever played. I dislocated my shoulder and severely tore the rotator cuff so I was out of work for quite a while and had to sell her to get by. Sold her to one of my best friends and he still owns her but will never part with her. She turned him from a gibson man to an Ibanez man.

Hell, I miss her more than all my ex-girlfriends combined.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 09:10 AM

Saddest thread ever haha

(Besides deaths and getting a brand new guitar that is broken)
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down Re: I miss my 350DX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rDong View Post
Saddest thread ever haha

(Besides deaths and getting a brand new guitar that is broken)
Or getting a brand new JEM and realizing it's a chibanez . . . .
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 04:30 PM

I wonder how many people have dealt with the Chibanez ordeal. Its sad that people would even consider passing those off as Jems. I almost bought one of those but the guy was actually honest and only selling it for 60 bucks. It was almost an exact Jem7vwh.
Two things wrong with it though.

1. Truss rod looked like it was made by a Kindergartner.
2. The bridge was an edge but it was chrome and so was the other hardware.

In all not a bad deal, but i found a 1991 RG550PN that had been abused for $100 so i just got that instead haha
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 05:37 PM

Reviews: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmd130 View Post
Hell, I miss her more than all my ex-girlfriends combined.
Hell, I miss a crappy, cheap snare drum I sold years ago more than one of my ex-es.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rDong View Post
I wonder how many people have dealt with the Chibanez ordeal. Its sad that people would even consider passing those off as Jems. I almost bought one of those but the guy was actually honest and only selling it for 60 bucks. It was almost an exact Jem7vwh.
Two things wrong with it though.

1. Truss rod looked like it was made by a Kindergartner.
2. The bridge was an edge but it was chrome and so was the other hardware.

In all not a bad deal, but i found a 1991 RG550PN that had been abused for $100 so i just got that instead haha
I've considered getting one to use as a "lasher" or "attitude" guitar, instead of going to town on a jem or an RG, I wouldn't feel so bad about smashing/lighting on fire/throwing a chinese piece of plywood. Then again, even a cheap chinese piece of garbage could make some kid really happy to learn on so i would have a hard time smashing anything. Still, I think you could use a chinese copy JEM as some form of "beater" guitar perhaps?
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 12:30 AM

I used to have a Fender USA Custom Shop Ritchie Blackmore Strat I still miss. It was the top of the line model with the set neck, scalloped fretboard, 2 lace sensors, and the built in Roland GK pickup. I ended up selling it and getting an RG Art, which I ended up selling later.

I haven't seen another like it since. I've pretty much decided to keep every guitar from now on.

Tags
anybody have my rg?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode