I need a custom guitar in 3-4 months! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-09-2002, 02:24 AM Thread Starter

I need a custom guitar in 3-4 months!

Ok, I have been looking hard to find a custom guitar I will be ordering in 3-4 months paid in full cash. I want to spend no more than $1,700 but if my requirements will cost me more than I will have to spend more

Basically a Jem7v with these mods...

instead of 5-way P-up selector individual toggles for each p-up.
Dimarzio breed P-ups
Preferably a purple quilted pain job with all gold hardware if not I will go for a swirl.
Steve Vai (fernandes I believe) type sustainer system
If I could I would like my nect to be slightly thicker than a jem7v but if that isn't possible or is but will cost a ridiculous amount of $ than I will happily live without.
And maybe some custom inalys although I love the vines.
I have looked into carvin and that is still an option but I really don't like the general look of there guitars and the sound is lacking to me from the little bit I have played them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-09-2002, 03:02 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
I've moved this to the "Other 6 String Guitars" area as I think it's more appropriate considering you're seeking a custom built guitar rather than a modded production model.

Personally I don't think you'll get what you're after for just $1700, especially if you want some custom inlay and either a decent quilted top or a swirl paint job.

Talk to one or both of these guys about a custom guitar or having a JEM7VWH overhauled.

EKG Guitars or Universal Jems
jono is online  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 02:39 PM

I would contact the guys at GMW guitars. They can build whatever you want, and I would doubt that you would go over budget.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 03:09 PM

...and over time
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 03:46 PM

No matter who you decide upon to build your custom, you might want to start them going on parts of it once you start getting the funds together. If you wait until you have all the cash, it'll probably still be a couple more months before you can take delivery of the guitar.

Tags
custom guitar , dimarzio breed , ekg guitars , production model , steve vai , string guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode